Introduce yourself ;-)

My top three would be Circus Maximus, Seventh Wonder and Pathosray.....but I really like Pagans Mind as well as Dream Theater ;)

Hey Jagra - I'm a HUGE Kamelot fan too!!! Have you checked out Pagan's Mind?? Kamelot, Circus Maximus and Pagan's Mind are like my TOP 3, followed by Pathosray...

The more here the better!!! :)

I haven`t heard a lot from Pagan`s Mind or Pathosray but I will definately give them a listen in the future.
Have any of you guys heard of a couple of Aussie bands in Black Majesty and Vanishing Point.
We don`t have too many bands that play prog/metal here but these two bands are pretty good.

It would be awesome to see Vanishing Point and Black Majesty as openers for Circus Maximus and Kamelot here in Australia, come on guys, escape the cold northern winter for a tour down under in summer.
We have beautiful beaches filled with beautiful women, nothing better than a cold beer on a hot summers day when your not playing, did I mention the beautiful women!!!

hahaha nice!
Hey have you heard Seventh Wonder? Mercy Falls is such a good album....makes me remember Scences from a Memory....or even better. I highly recommend it..

Hi!

I´m Daniel from Portugal, and im definately going to be front row at the progfest Lisboa with Circus Maximus headlining :)

Hi Daniel we have enough time, but I'm sorry I'll bother you as we'd like to come in Portugal to see CM again. Don't you mind to give me some information / help on going to such Festival (festival website link, closer B&B, hotel to the venue, etc...)?

many thanks in advance!:headbang:

Can't wait to see you guys at Metalfest this September in the UK - I never thought I'd get the chance, so when I saw you'd been announced, I was pretty damn happy ;). Hopefully they'll let me get a photo pass for the fest and I can send you some live shots, too!

Hello everyone. I'm Kez (pronounced Keez) aka Bryan from Northern Virginia just outside Washington DC. I've been hooked on CM since Mr. Harveston of ProgPower USA fame introduced us all to The First Chapter. Amazing music by some amazingly nice fellows. I've seen the boys live now twice in Atlanta, and they completely own the stage. Their appearance this year is what convinced me to come back to Atlanta once again (well, that and Vanden Plas). I just wish they were going to have a longer set.

My other favorite bands currently are Seventh Wonder, Vanden Plas, Kamelot, Dream Theater, Symphony X, etc, etc....... Oh yeah, Pagan's Mind kicks ass too.

Hiya Jennifer. I can't believe you got that tattoo. I can't wait to see it in person, and LICK IT! :D (Yes, I know her, we rode to Atlanta together a few years back)

Regarding Vanishing Point from Australia.....I LOVE the band, and even corresponded with Chris Porcianko for a few years, until he got married and busy with life and such. Are they still doing anything? Tangled in Dream is one of my all time favorite discs.

Okay, that seems like enough for now. See you in Hotlanta!!

Kez

KEZ!!!! You were missed last year at PP... I'm glad you'll be back this year - I hope ya make it out early for the "even more CM" set on Wed night...

I LOVE my tattoo... I was so sure it would've hurt more than it did.. And yeah, I'll show it to ya.. But I'm not so sure about the licking part.. hehehehe

And so everyone else knows - Kez RULES

Why thank you, my dear! I can't wait to see you again!

Why is that we live 20 minutes away from each other, and yet have to go to Atlanta to SEE each other?!?

o_O

And "The Captain" says you'll let me lick it.......

Have any of you guys heard of a couple of Aussie bands in Black Majesty and Vanishing Point.
We don`t have too many bands that play prog/metal here but these two bands are pretty good.

The organizers of Progpower Europe seem to find at least one good aussie band each year :) So far I liked the somewhat rougher side of the spectrum when it comes to aussie bands though. I've seen Alchemist and Alarum there before, and one of my buddies that I met at Progpower EU actually plays in a prog band that has a style similar to Opeth, though I can't remember the name :p

This year Chaos Divine is playing and doing several shows in germany and belgium beforehand. Gonna be fun! :D

I never took time to introduce myself again since the new forum was created... So here it is. I'm still Valhall :D I'm 26, and I live in France. There aren't many interesting things I can say about myself, except I love music ! I'm part of the Your Majesty staff (french official DT fan-club), I write reviews for the Music Waves website, and I just love live shows ! I only saw CM once, in Paris last year, but I think everyone agrees that it was a memorable gig with Symphony X ! When you all came back on stage with Dreamscape during SX's encore, it was fucking beautiful ! By the way, I bumped into you in the pit Mike, like right after the CM set, don't know if you remember it...

Anyway, here you go people. If you have any questions, fire away ! I just have two things to say :

-Where the hell is Fuckernando ? Does anyone here remember that crazy bastard ? :D
-Jenn, I just wanted to tell you I'm really sorry... I will miss him too (I guess I don't have to explain).

Valhall - Thanks man... It's been a rough week but it's pulled the CG family together and we've shared lots of good memories... The world won't be the same without him..

Kez - the Capt'n will tell you whatever you want to hear.. I dunno if he'll let you do anything - he likes me alot and he's a jealous kinda guy... ;)

And yeah - WTH is up with our inability to run into each other more.. I'll be at Pagan's Mind right after PP on 9/15 at Jaxx!!! SOOO can't wait for that show!!

hey my name is Goiko
I am from Serbia but i live in Cyprus.

Am an musician. I listen to all kinds of music from blues/jazz and classical all the way to black. My favorite band is Dream Theater and Adagio but i was really surprised when i head Circus Maximus, they have done very good work..
They kinda have their own characteristic sound which is really good and I like it.
Favorite type of music is progressive -neoclassical -symphonic -power.
I play as my main instrument guitar, 2nd piano and aside bass and drums.

Hi to All CM Fans Around the World,
I have just signed up to the Forum and I am 54 years of age and live in Dublin, Ireland, and I am a Hi-Fi buff and enjoy listening to my favourite music on the best Hi-Fi equipment that my budget will allow.
I have been buying the UK's "Classic Rock" magazine since its inception and following a glowing review from a critic of CM's ""The 1st Chapter" in that same magazine during 2005 that I first became aware of Circus Maximus and I have been smitten by their music ever since then. I don't say this lightly, but you guys in CM are "top notch" and in my humble opinion, are now pushing to remove the brilliant Dream Theater from the lofty perch that has been the preserve of DT, and deservedly so, for being the best prog metal band in the world today. CM your music is just superb ! I can say no more ! Congratulations to everyone in the band. "Isolate" is even better than "The 1st Chapter" and I just cannot wait for your third album. The riffs, vocals, energy, musicality etc is just perfect. I love it !

Look Out Mikey Portnoy, there's a new kid on the block and they hail from Norway,

Ryhthm King

Hi to All CM Fans Around the World,
I have just signed up to the Forum and I am 54 years of age and live in Dublin, Ireland, and I am a Hi-Fi buff and enjoy listening to my favourite music on the best Hi-Fi equipment that my budget will allow.
I have been buying the UK's "Classic Rock" magazine since its inception and following a glowing review from a critic of CM's first album "The 1st Chapter" in that same magazine during 2005, :DI first became aware of Circus Maximus and I have been smitten by their music ever since then. I don't say this lightly, but you guys in CM are "top notch" and in my humble opinion, are now pushing to remove the brilliant Dream Theater from the lofty perch that has been the preserve of DT, and deservedly so, for being the best prog metal band in the world today. CM your music is just superb ! I can say no more ! Congratulations to everyone in the band. "Isolate" is even better than "The 1st Chapter" and I just cannot wait for your third album. The riffs, vocals, energy, musicality etc is just perfect. I love it !

Look Out Mikey Portnoy, there's a new kid on the block and they hail from Norway,

Ryhthm King

I'm Darren from Winston Salem, NC (USA). Accountant by day, bass player by night! I've been a fan of CM since PPUSA VI. It was my first PP and they were the first band I saw perform. That really set the bar high for every band that I've seen there since then. I am some what of a self-proclaimed 'prog snob' but I still go to the festival every year I can because of the wonderful atmosphere and professionalism of the bands and fans.

I play bass in a prog-metal band here in NC called A Thousand Shields.

www.myspace.com/athousandshields

Hi All (and Hi to Irish! I was so good to meet you at PPUSA X!).
I'm Daffodil from San Francisco, CA (USA), and I actually was a former lurker since last year. After going to PPUSA X (my 1st) and meeting so many great people I finally started posting. I am a Safety Manager for an electrical contractor and live in SF with my husband "ebola" (Eric, another forum member, not the virus :loco:).
I didn't really start listing to CM until PPUSA X, even though Eric played CM for me before. I was totally drawn into their music and thought it was so awesome they played some covers at the pre-party on Wednesday too (admit it people, you DID listen to Bon Jovi back in the day!). CM is now on heavy rotation with Symphony X on my iPod.

BTW - I can't stop listening to "Zero" on Isolate. Even before I actually read the lyrics listening to the song made me want to cry - something in Michael's voice and the combination of the keyboards just struck me.

hey mike!!!! my name is lemmy!!! met you at metal fest!!! i was one of the welsh boys drinkin with you!! gig was AMAZING!!! Was a dream come true meeting you guys. send me a message cheers.

hey boys, my name is lemmy best. the metal fest gig was amazing!! meeting you boys was somethin else. cant believe we were drinkin with you. good times :):)

Daffodil!!!! (And keyboardist of our band.. you're the keys player right??? :p)

It was AWESOME hangin' with you at ProgPower and watchin' CM's Sat night set with you and Eric... And yes, I listened to Bon Jovi AND Europe back in the day!!! The Wed night show was the perfect way to kick off ProgPower X!! And the after parties were pretty kick ass too!!!

"Compy as fuck" :lol:

good times, good times...

Hey, im Mike from the land down under (New Zealand). Huge prog/power metal fan, just sucks that no-one ever seems to visit us over here.