iPhone 5

earpods.jpg

Innovative! Magical!

obviously, whoever made that never actually watched the keynote.

Tim Cook never even talked about the earphones. nobody ever said the earphones just direct the sound "in your ear". the whole point is the earphones direct the sound into your ear CANALS, which becomes obvious at the point you actually take a look at their design. there's a difference compared to the conventional headphone design, which often pretty much directs half of the sound on the ear's concha.

i like good Apple jokes as much as the next guy, but spreading bullshit is where internet went wrong in the first place.

the whole point is the earphones direct the sound into your ear CANALS

The earphones I've worn for the past 5 years have done that. It really isn't all that special at all. Which was the point.

1:33:30

He does talk about them, but your right, neither he or the video following that said anything about "into the ears". Just the ear canal. Which is pretty much the same thing to most people. At least when to comes to sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
The earphones I've worn for the past 5 years have done that.

No, no they haven't. Like sopulurn said, they direct sound into the concha.

He does talk about them, but your right, neither he or the video following that said anything about "into the ears". Just the ear canal. Which is pretty much the same thing to most people. At least when to comes to sound.

Apparently you hang out with people who know nothing about anatomy; an ear and an ear canal are in no way, shape, or form the same thing.

Thing I love about the iPhone; jailbreak

It's not because "all apps are free" because I have paid for literally every app I have. 69p is nothing. Jailbreaking my 4 took it above and beyond what I thought it could do. I can customise, fix and improve on everything it did already. iOS6 is already in the process of being jailbroke.

Anyone that has an iPhone and hasn't just tried Jailbreaking it (it really is the easiest thing in the world) is missing out on some AWESOME features.

Thing I love about the iPhone; jailbreak

It's not because "all apps are free" because I have paid for literally every app I have. 69p is nothing. Jailbreaking my 4 took it above and beyond what I thought it could do. I can customise, fix and improve on everything it did already. iOS6 is already in the process of being jailbroke.

Anyone that has an iPhone and hasn't just tried Jailbreaking it (it really is the easiest thing in the world) is missing out on some AWESOME features.

Do you have swipe selection? I think that is my fav

The whole train of thought is very simple, really. Let me make it clear to you Android guys:

- I like iPhones. I don't want to use an SIII/Lumia/whatever. I buy an iPhone. Yeah, it costs money. So what? If I can afford it, I buy it. It's not your money.
- I like Macs. I don't want to use a PC. I buy a Mac. Yeah, it costs money. So what? If I can afford it, I buy it. It's not you money.
- I don't want to compare the iPhone to other phones, because I literally don't care. Same with computers. I have zero interest in PC's. I like using Apple products, so that's what I use and that's what I pay for, but I have zero interest in converting other people away from their alternative devices. That's what I expect from Android/Windows Phone/etc. users, as well.
- I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR PHONE'S SUPERIORITY, PLEASE SHUT UP AND LET ME BUY WHAT I WANT. THANK YOU.

:loco:

I like this post, so I'll quote it. I usually just tell people: "You're just mad because I can buy 10 Macs throw them in the trash and buy 10 more and not a shit will be given. I also got PC's bitch. Just STFU" :devil:

I also notice that a lot of people call you "faggot" for using a Mac. Not that what computer you use has shit to do with your sexuality but I've noticed all my gay friends use PC so I'm a little lost there. :lol:

Honestly, at least on my 3GS, I found that jailbreaking killed battery life and made the entire phone act kind of sluggish compared to stock. I went back to a clean install because there was nothing I really absolutely needed, and the only thing I really miss is having a brightness slider on my home screen.

I jailbroke my 4 a few times... and it always made it slowwww. actually something is at the moment... i have no idea though. time or an upgrade :D

I follow exactly the train of thoughts of Jeff here. First, why change a formula that works ? Why do people keep expecting a total change of the whole UI when it's working nicely ?
I also have a clean iPhone. Same, I found the jailbreak made the phone less smooth after a few tweaks, and at the end of the day, when you think about it, it doesn't bring "that" much and is not worth it in my opinion (maybe it was in the early days though). It makes people think they are free, but to me it's more like spending time and auto-satisfying oneself.

I dont see why accepting a standardization is "bad". In my job, if things were not standard, it would be a fucking mess.

I dont see why people complain so much about the 8pin connector either. The 30pin one gags been there for like 10 years. And it is the reason why an ecosystem exists in the first place. And to people saying its a move to make people buy new accessories, please tell me how your <insert brand here>-accessories were compatible for almost 10 years (with a decent design and not just a cable to be sure you can plug it in from a distance - on top of that). People attack Apple saying it hasn't innovated, yet when they push into the nanosim (strategy set aside, the whole idea is to create space in the phone), or when they create their smaller and bidirectionnal connector, they are called evil... ? Not to (finally) mention if you don't have an apple product, it should even bother you. Also, too bad for those buying cheap 3rd party connector/sets of speakers, it's obvious in the first place these are not meant to follow evolution when their dock is clearly "iPhone 3Gs - shaped" for example.

I have absolutely never had a single problem, literally, in 5 years of 3G/3GS/4 use, as well, so why complaining the iOs is basically the same ?

Last, +1 to the uselessness of a computer like file system on a phone. I, myself, am reluctant to this change by culture because I have been raised in a "copy/paste/drag/whatever" use of files in my childhood and I can't get used to the app launcher on my computer. But we are going towards a simplified way of using computers. At the end of the day, what do we have on our computers, as product/work/leisure files, those we open or work on ?
-music files
-pictures
-videos (so say "media files")
-softwares
-documents (office-like, txt etc)
-project files intended at creating any of those previous categories

So why not make it simpler ? I only understood this by switching to Mac and when a month later I accepted to let it organize my files. So now i dont access my files so often a computer way, but I see them in the dedicated software. It's where it will be opened anyway. All my softwares are made of one single file, stored in /applications. I don't even clic on any icon most of the time to start one, I use a launcher called Alfred which allows me to start any software by filtering it's name in half a second with a keyboard combination + 2 first letters (the Os has a built in search but this app makes the principle more powerful and time savvy). Etc

It's still necessary to have an explorer because by design our OSes are built into this folder workflow, but the iPhone is not from the beginning, and it works (and to create a bridge with the folder-like philosophy which I myself do due to my need of syncing my dozens of manuals in PDF) I use GoodReader with Dropbox sync and done.

I have nothing against the principle of not agreeing with apple as a company and as a whole. But unlogical attacks are annoying in the end ("TROLOLOL the ios hasn't changed like XYZ brand's UI - TROLOLOL they changed the pin just to fuck you up)

Finally on the gadget innovations, I myself welcome good innovations (like in it's time the on board gps, accelerometer, etc) but when I see people complaining it doesn't include 3D videos... I like the idea of the Nokia phone though, but I fear it's mostly a marketing marvel (I am not settled on this one before its out though). The pictures I have seen on its official website are nice but not a deal-maker, I like the low light ability but that's just for party pictures because it's still too blurry. I fear the "30mpxl" marketing label effect like on some digital cameras while any 5 or 8mpxl reflex unit produces sharper pictures. The wireless charging is a total marketing tool IMO, I have hard time believing its time saver, economic (I.e. efficient), and that the space its design needs is worth it. I'd like to be proven wrong though and that just putting my phone on my laptop somewhere defined, or on my bed-table, in the future, charges it in a hour like a cable. But if it is not the case, I will take even more badly the criticism towards apple in marketing abusers because that phone will hardly have any interest then. I don't like hype and so far it sounds like its benefiting from anti-apple hype.

Seriously, who gives a fuck what anyone else uses? I personally look at Droids as I look at PCs. Sure, you can jam pack it with a million features, but will the software and hardware work seamlessly? No. I have played with many Droids. I thought they were all ugly, had ugly menus/configurations, and all of their owners complained of issues. iPhones surely have issues also, but in the three years I've owned my 3GS the damn this still works and takes care of business. I'm a total iPhone/Mac fanboy and can't wait for the 5. I went with 16gb because I too don't give a fuck about having my entire library on there. That's what iPods are for.

That said, Apple > any stupid Droid on the market.

Love you guys...:)

Joe

Though not exactly definitive or anything, still interesting nonetheless: iPhone 5 GeekBench. Scores higher than both the quad-core S3 and Nexus 7 (albeit not by a whole lot).

iphone-related; anyone else installing iOS 6? i'm doing that now - it's currently been out for 25 minutes. posting thoughts later!

I just updated my iPad to iOS 6. The new map app is actually quit impressive. I I hope they fixed the App store algorithm. The way apps are ranked and sorted is fucked up. We'll see....

i like what they did with the store, but other than that, as an iphone 4 user i'm not seeing all that much of a difference honestly. some nice little improvements and fixes here and there. i experienced some lag with the music player, which by the way looks good but a little unfinished, at least the simple black background towards the bottom behind the volume slider makes me think that.

i'm a little disappointed as someone told me that Siri would come to iphone 4 as well, but i now came to notice that this isn't true. it's part of Apple trying to sell the newer phones, i get that, but i hear Siri and probably most of the new features could work on a jailbroken iphone, which kinda gets to me. as my model will soon be two generations behind anyway, i will consider jailbreaking my phone as the version 5 comes out and the ios 6 becomes jailbreakable.