Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight cover

wow, this really came out even better with the added vocals!

You are absolutely right because this music without voice it´s somehow lifeless.

Holy crap! Mega props to everyone involved in this. This is just awesome sounding. It did my ears good to hear this, and restored my faith in music to hear people cover this classic so well.

Thanks a lot. If we do something we have to do it in the better way possible or simply we dont do it. But your comment means a lot to me and to stilllifer.:headbang:

Yeah true....that's the problem if you want to edit everything at anytime...
I freeze tracks or deactivate them if I edit something specific...like when programming drums 1 gzutar is enough and so on....
but a newer pc would be pure win...mine's always a pussy with too much reverb loaded lol

Freeze is really useful sometimes. Ahah, yeah reverb sometimes can be a really PITA.

Oh yeh Nuno, if you'd like, I could get this run though the iron maiden preset on metal foundry :) (im not sure how much help that would be though!)

Thanks a lot for the offer:) But I think that for now it´s not needed. Let´s see on what this will become.

I want to thank all the people that are being supporting this. Mega props to all of you cause you are the best.:headbang:

I think that could exist 2 versions of this music with 2 different singers. But you guys may not find it very interesting, I dont know what your opinion on this...
But you know what came to my mind? You guys joining forces to do something different. Different I mean something like, you sing the 1 verse, digital the pre verse. Both on chorus, or one sing the first half and the Digital the other half. But maybe this is to crazy to put in practice, no?

If you guys think that only makes sense 1 version of the song. Stilllifer have to give is opinion too because he also worked hard. Cant be only me deciding this. Hope you undestand Felix.

Thanks a lot Felix about the drums. When I did the drums I tried to be faithful to the Iron Maiden song, but always adding something different here and there as the double bass drum and some drum fills to kill the boredom. But I think that the groove is there. Of course there are many things that could have been better. But working with fake shit it´s never easy.:loco:

Hmmmm not easy. The best solution probably would be, I try my best possible vocal performance, you´ll get the track and then you decide together with stillife how to handle it. Basically I´m not averse about your proposals..(and I don´t know, how digitaloutput think about it) It´s really cool for me to train classic Heavy Metal vocals with your backing track, so it´s a win situation for me anyway.

But dude, you know what..this inspires me to do a Iron Maiden cover as well someday..(I´d love to record Moonchild). We should make an entire tribute album :lol: And each one gets his entire spot.

About your drums, Nuno. I love the fill-in directly before "the blind man shouts...". It´s not Nicko, but nevertheless it´s pretty good! :)

I think that could exist 2 versions of this music with 2 different singers. But you guys may not find it very interesting, I dont know what your opinion on this...
But you know what came to my mind? You guys joining forces to do something different. Different I mean something like, you sing the 1 verse, digital the pre verse. Both on chorus, or one sing the first half and the Digital the other half. But maybe this is to crazy to put in practice, no?

If you guys think that only makes sense 1 version of the song. Stilllifer have to give is opinion too because he also worked hard. Cant be only me deciding this. Hope you undestand Felix.

Thanks a lot Felix about the drums. When I did the drums I tried to be faithful to the Iron Maiden song, but always adding something different here and there as the double bass drum and some drum fills to kill the boredom. But I think that the groove is there. Of course there are many things that could have been better. But working with fake shit it´s never easy.:loco:

Felix... great job on the vox man - sounds fantastic!!! I like Nuno's ideas - either 2 versions or you and Digital could split the vox duties. Or we just go with whatever fits the song best if that's what the vocalists want. I know I didn't really answer the question - just open to ideas!!! :)

Also, I would love to do Moonchild as well - one of my "other" favs!!! :headbang:

Thanks to everyone else who has commented... it's going to be great when it's complete!

Cheers!

Geoff

Felix... great job on the vox man - sounds fantastic!!! I like Nuno's ideas - either 2 versions or you and Digital could split the vox duties. Or we just go with whatever fits the song best if that's what the vocalists want. I know I didn't really answer the question - just open to ideas!!! :)

Also, I would love to do Moonchild as well - one of my "other" favs!!! :headbang:

Thanks to everyone else who has commented... it's going to be great when it's complete!

Cheers!

Geoff

Thank you very much, Geoff :headbang:

Yeah like I said, basically I´m not averse about the idea of singing a duet with Digitaloutput, but I really wanna wait out his opinion about it. He was the first singer here and ya know..only the fast bird gets the worm :)

you sing the 1 verse, digital the pre verse. Both on chorus

This sounds good! If you ask me, I´d feel much more better in the pre verses.

Hmmmm not easy. The best solution probably would be, I try my best possible vocal performance, you´ll get the track and then you decide together with stillife how to handle it. Basically I´m not averse about your proposals..(and I don´t know, how digitaloutput think about it) It´s really cool for me to train classic Heavy Metal vocals with your backing track, so it´s a win situation for me anyway.

But dude, you know what..this inspires me to do a Iron Maiden cover as well someday..(I´d love to record Moonchild). We should make an entire tribute album :lol: And each one gets his entire spot.

About your drums, Nuno. I love the fill-in directly before "the blind man shouts...". It´s not Nicko, but nevertheless it´s pretty good! :)

Thank you very much, Geoff :headbang:

Yeah like I said, basically I´m not averse about the idea of singing a duet with Digitaloutput, but I really wanna wait out his opinion about it. He was the first singer here and ya know..only the fast bird gets the worm :)

This sounds good! If you ask me, I´d feel much more better in the pre verses.

So, lets wait to see what Digitaloutput has to say about this.:) why dont you do a maiden cover as a bonus song for your album Machines & Madness? Could be a nice idea.

Dude I love the moonchild song, other song that I love that is also a bit unknown it´s The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. This song has the most epic harmonies of ever:headbang: Someday we have to join forces to do another epic cover:heh:

Oh yeah, that fill gave me some work but it worked prety well. Thanks:headbang:

:kickass:That's was great Felix.You sure got something there!:kickass: OK,I'm into it,we can split the lines or whatever?I'll be ok with the 2 verses,the bridges and the choruses - no big deal :)lol:) Just kiddin'! Each of us can do a verse or maybe a line,and hit the choruses together,so it could be more intense than the original...or whatever???? any suggestions?
Also,my drummer will do the song tommorow or maybe day after it,and If I don't manage,someone else will have to mix and editing the drum tracks,cos I got a deadline on friday :Smokin:

:kickass:That's was great Felix.You sure got something there!:kickass: OK,I'm into it,we can split the lines or whatever?I'll be ok with the 2 verses,the bridges and the choruses - no big deal :)lol:) Just kiddin'! Each of us can do a verse or maybe a line,and hit the choruses together,so it could be more intense than the original...or whatever???? any suggestions?
Also,my drummer will do the song tommorow or maybe day after it,and If I don't manage,someone else will have to mix and editing the drum tracks,cos I got a deadline on friday :Smokin:

Thanks dude :lol: You really, really raise the bar very high, with your godlike performance. I duet would be cool, why not? :)

Here is my second attempt:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2414899/2_minutes_Felix_vocals.mp3

What do you guys think about it?

Edit: I really prefer verse 2 of my attempt. If we make an duet, I would like to use 1:42 - 2:22 of my track, if this is okay for you guys.

Thanks dude :lol: You really, really raise the bar very high, with your godlike performance. I duet would be cool, why not? :)

Edit: I really prefer verse 2 of my attempt. If we make an duet, I would like to use 1:42 - 2:22 of my track, if this is okay for you guys.

:worship:notworthy:worship: Dude you are really great in this take. Sorry but have to save this version for myself:lol: Seriously, very impressive. Thanks for all the hard work Felix. You almost made me cry of joy! ahah You rule dude:headbang:

THAT was impressive! You give it a slightly different vibe. Really like it. Could be a bit rougher tho...
One of my "all time favourite" songs - great cover!!!:headbang:

Yeah!!!:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: Felix this is gettin' even better and better :worship: ... but you should stop,cos if the Maiden's hear these clips,they might kick Bruce out of the band and then you'll have to learn how to drive a plane too ;-) Hehehehehe...

Yeah!!!:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: Felix this is gettin' even better and better :worship: ... but you should stop,cos if the Maiden's hear these clips,they might kick Bruce's out of the band and you'll have to learn how to drive a plane too ;-) :headbang: hehehehehe...

Hahaha thanks so much for your words, bro :worship: I feel really flattered right now to hear this from you :oops: I appreciate it a lot and let me say, I like your humor!

THAT was impressive! You give it a slightly different vibe. Really like it. Could be a bit rougher tho...
One of my "all time favourite" songs - great cover!!!

@Nukular, thank you very much! :) This is good to hear!!

Felix - will listen asap but according to Nuno and others, it`s rocks - can`t wait to hear it.
Looks like you and Digital are working it out - the end result is going to be epic!!!! :headbang:

Yes, it rocks, it rocks very Hard indeed! Congrats Felix! :)
If this duet works it's going to be really really EPIC \m/
(even if I miss the harmony at the chorus....but that's so fucking high haha)

So, lets wait to see what Digitaloutput has to say about this.:) why dont you do a maiden cover as a bonus song for your album Machines & Madness? Could be a nice idea.

Dude I love the moonchild song, other song that I love that is also a bit unknown it´s The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner. This song has the most epic harmonies of ever:headbang: Someday we have to join forces to do another epic cover:heh:

Oh yeah, that fill gave me some work but it worked prety well. Thanks:headbang:

I would love to put an Iron Maiden cover on the Machines & Madness album. But I don´t know, how much I would have to pay for licence dues then (?) When my album is finished, I wanna try to sell and spread it as professional as possible. I don´t think, it´s that easy simply putting a Maiden cover on the album. Maybe someone can give some more clarity.

Yeah, I agree about "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner", this is one of my faves, too :headbang:

Someday we have to join forces to do another epic cover:heh:

Fuck yeah, I´m so up for it. And don´t forget, let some space for lead solos. I can play guitar (much better than singin´actually) haha

Hey eddy you are always in time to learn Maiden songs.:heh:

:lol:

Well yeah, I've actually been playing along with this (or at least trying to) just for my own amusement and the results are less than stellar. :lol:
I can do some of those fills with some accuracy but there are lots of places where I just have to simplify things.

Just listening to the bass-only track on youtube makes me :cry: and want to give up completely and at the same time try harder. :lol:

Felix, digitaloutput, I can't wait to hear you guys doing a duet on this. I'm positive it's going to kick some serious ass! :headbang:

Btw, what is the correct tempo here?

Hey all. Just wondering where everyone (Felix, Digital mostly!!!) are at with the vox here... also I think Digital said his buddy was going to do some live drums???

Let me know!!!

Cheers!

Geoff

:lol:

Well yeah, I've actually been playing along with this (or at least trying to) just for my own amusement and the results are less than stellar. :lol:
I can do some of those fills with some accuracy but there are lots of places where I just have to simplify things.

Just listening to the bass-only track on youtube makes me :cry: and want to give up completely and at the same time try harder. :lol:

Felix, digitaloutput, I can't wait to hear you guys doing a duet on this. I'm positive it's going to kick some serious ass! :headbang:

Btw, what is the correct tempo here?

The song is not hard. I learned almost all the bass lines in a day, except those fills in the end because they have a weird tempo, not very easy. But I´m not a bass player.:loco: It´s just a matter of practice.

The tempo is 188bpm. I think it´s a bit more faster than the original.

Hey all. Just wondering where everyone (Felix, Digital mostly!!!) are at with the vox here... also I think Digital said his buddy was going to do some live drums???

Let me know!!!

Cheers!

Geoff

The drum is already recorded, Im just waiting for the files to edit and mix them with the track.