Iron Maiden-A Matter of Life and Death

Astrum

Psion
Aug 14, 2006
Boston, MA
I gaurantee a review has already been written about this album, but i finished listening to it yesterday and felt the need to write one.

To start, i give this album a 6.5 out of 10. Mabey, if i wanted to stretch it, a 7. here is my reasoning:

This album was boring, generally unexciting, unlike most maiden albums. It lacked the typical energy of a maiden album, and maidens trademark sing-along choruses. The songwriting was really bad; ultra-cheesy lyrics. most of the songs seemed skipable. Bruce's voice sounds excellent, obviously not the best it has ever been, but great for his age, and hell, great for anyone near his age. He has always been my choice for the greatest vocal talent of our time. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg is probably the best song on the album, and one of my favorite songs of 2006, although it has not been a strong year for metal releases. All of my purchases this year have been albums from past years anyway. In not saying this album is bad, just slightly sub-par. if you are a maiden fan, buy it, if you are not, downlaod R.O.B.B, its the only song worth making a huge effort over on the album.

Im seeing them on Oct. 6, cant wait.

2006 hasn't been a good year for metal? Are you insane? Krisiun, Vader, Deicide, Maiden, Keep of Kalessin, Kampfar, Enslaved, Beyond Fear, Dissection, Cannibal Corpse, Celtic Frost, Obituary, Bolt Thrower, Motorhead, Randy Piper's Animal!
This year has been fucking brilliant for new music!!!

I'm still not sure how much I like the new Maiden album - it grew on me, but I've not even bothered listening to it for days now. I'm sorry, but those fucking Celtic/slow intros are just wrong. I'm sick of them to the extent the very thought of them enrages me.

Mike27 said:
yeah, i have the urge to skip past them all the time.

and the urge to have awful taste in metal. I'm done with all you fanboi fucks.

This is album is damn good by the way, and 2006 has been a great year so far don't listen to this fag, or blue jay.

WTF

This is my favorite metal album.
It has been for the time I bought it (7 years ago)
and wil be till my death hope so.
It´s got all good songs from best maiden era.:kickass:
And they are played better then studio versions

Death Animal said:
WTF

You bought this album 7 years ago? :guh:

Anyway, I found it to be a 7/10

Great songs include These Colors Don't Run (great chorus), Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, & The Longest Day. No songs are really horrid, but the rest are kind of middle of the road. Bruce's vocals sound a bit strained and should be higher in the mix.

Death Animal said:
WTF

and wil be till my death hope so.
It´s got all good songs from best maiden era.:kickass:
And they are played better then studio versions

You must be a huge fan. :zombie: :loco: :lol:

MetalNoob said:
and the urge to have awful taste in metal. I'm done with all you fanboi fucks.

This is album is damn good by the way, and 2006 has been a great year so far don't listen to this fag, or blue jay.

its called an opinion, dickface.