A Matter of Life and Death: A sigh of relief

:erk:

Dalkaen said:
Jesus Christ, leave him alone. He likes what he likes, and you should respect that.
Normally I just ignore getting criticized. The only problem with that is illidurit is a massive peice of crap, and he is the only person I get annoyed by when I get criticized. It happens all of the time, too. :)

^You are too sensitive imo...that is why people attack you like this, you really show your weak points and you are too passive tbh, to sum it up, you should stop being a pussy...take no offence ffs.

^ Actually, I'm not too sensitive in the least bit. The actual reality is this forum has a bunch of people who want to piss other people off, and my name just happens to be Tubbs Mcgee and one of my favorite bands is Dream Theater. It sounds like a perfect combination for people here to annoy the hell out of me at their leisure.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
^ Actually, I'm not too sensitive in the least bit. The actual reality is this forum has a bunch of people who want to piss other people off, and my name just happens to be Tubbs Mcgee and one of my favorite bands is Dream Theater. It sounds like a perfect combination for people here to annoy the hell out of me at their leisure.

If all the mockery and jokes about your taste makes you THAT annoyed= yes, you are very sensitive

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I didn't mean to sound offensive to you especially, but I'm starting to get annoyed by others bashing my taste. I don't think there's a need to explain. I simply think the songs I listed are the best. Iron Maiden in particular is a band that I listen to for their "metal" side, and it's basically music that wakes me up. I don't listen to them for craft or "emotiveness", just for energy. Since I'm fat like illidurit has mentioned over 10,000 times, it helps me get active a lot.

Fair enough. Give PoM a few listens more, though. Plenty of great tracks to get you moving.
:cool:

Tubbs Mcgee said:
I'm pretty sure I said that I like Peice Of Mind... I do like every song, but not as much as their other albums. That's what I meant to say. :erk:

Yeah, you did. I'm just gently suggesting that you spend less time with FOTD and more with POM. That way, you will be more like me, which will make you awesome. :lol:

Whatever. Like what you like. It doesn't hurt anyone. Unless you are somehow determining their setlist for this tour! :Smug:

FTOD is only marginally better than No Prayer for the Dying, which is the worst Maiden album with Bruce. POM is, however, a classic. I like The X Factor better than those two.

derbeder said:
FTOD is only marginally better than No Prayer for the Dying, which is the worst Maiden album with Bruce. POM is, however, a classic. I like The X Factor better than those two.

How do you get around Blayze's vocals? I just can't do it, though I do like some of the songs (especially Sign of the Cross).

Blaze's vocals fit the songs on The X Factor, I think. He can't pull off other material, though.

derbeder said:
Blaze's vocals fit the songs on The X Factor, I think. He can't pull off other material, though.

Thats because the other material (exc Iron Maiden & Killers) was written around Bruce's vocal range.

As far as people opinions on Bruce go... well, I'm pretty patriotic when it comes to Iron Maiden, I loved them now for so long that I've become lenient with them in some ways.

I dont feel bothered by Bruce's personality traits that are visible to the fans, if anything I admire his speaking out. But at the end of the day, I love Bruce for what he brings to Maiden, and to metal, musically. He is metal as fuck, still after 30 years.

The metal world would not be the same without Bruce. I think he is an admirable man, who for his age, has an amazing energy, persona and entertainment value, and he is professional.

I *love* how anti-war AMOLAD is. I feel proud for the band in making a statement like that, its totally a strong attack on the Bush, Blair and Howard governments, and yet most people havent seemed to pick this up. It's a total "fuck you" kind of record.