IRON MAIDEN - the best guitarist!

who is the best Iron Maiden guitarist?

• Total voters
I voted for Adrian, because he´s the absolute source of inspiration for me personally. Maiden guitar experts would always find a typical smith element in my style of playing solos. It´s difficult to describe WHY exactly he´s my fave..I think I simply love how he plays. It´s unique!

Hard to pick, but H has my vote. Everything he's done sounds just so unique to me, especially the solos. I wish I had tenth of his talent to write songs or play solos.

I have to completely agree with you Felix. Adrians solos are always a pleasure to listen to. It's not really audible in a lot of my recorded music, but there's definitely some influence from him in my playing as well.

I have to completely agree with you Felix. Adrians solos are always a pleasure to listen to. It's not really audible in a lot of my recorded music, but there's definitely some influence from him in my playing as well.

Oh yeah, dude :headbang: I heard your first part of the 80´solo with Marcus, it´s an enjoyment, especially for Maiden fans!

I have to say, I like all three guitarist styles of playing a lot. Janick is fucking fast and technically not bad. Dave Murray´s playing is SO SMOOTH and cool, I also like it a fucking lot. But Adrian is.....without words. I don´t know, what I can write about it :worship: :worship: :worship:

I don't know how you would define 'best', but I like adrian's style a lot, and there are also many good things about Dave and Janick's playing.

Smith, hands down

everything he plays just has "CLASSY" stamped on it. Not taking away from DM but I always thought he was the weaker of the two players ... I just ignore Janick really.

Honestly, Maiden has never really blown me away with their solos (that's one area where I definitely say Priest, or rather Glenn Tipton anyway, is way better), but I gotta pick Smith - Murray may be faster/smoother, but he's such a fucking wanker, all his solos are like "Blubbada-Blubbada-Blubbada-Blubbada-Blubbada" whereas Smith can actually make something of a memorable melody with his lixx. Still, Tipton's solos in "Some Heads are Gonna Roll" and "Locked in" crush EVERYTHING the Maiden guys ever did IMO!