Is "Adagio" one big SX ripp-off?

SiRo

Aug 28, 2002
Butt Of The World
www.ciberia.ya.com
I got Sanctus Ignis and just in the first song I haer Rullo, Pinnella shredding and romeo. I can't hear the bass tho :loco: MAN even the singer screams like Russ!!!!

At first I thought this was a SX tribute band!

What's your opinion?

no they are not!
perhaps there are some SX influences but then so does SX have
and any other band in the world it doesn't mean there a ripp-off.
all bands are inspired by someone for example i hear a lot of Queen, Kansas and Dio in SX it doesn't mean there ripping them off.

well that's at least my opinion

adagio are great and SX are great let's just leave it at that!

adam123 said:
no they are not!
all bands are inspired by someone for example i hear a lot of Queen, Kansas and Dio in SX it doesn't mean there ripping them off.

My Thoughts exactly :headbang:

adam123 said:
no they are not!

I Agree...

PRauhala said:
No no. Maybe the first cd sounds more like x, but get the new one. they have different style in it.

I agree..the first one is WAY clone-y sounding, but on the second one they branch out a lot more.

they use alot of syx riffs, even in underworld im still hearing it.. but they have their own flavour, and theyre just clearly inspired by syx.. now time requiem on the other hand.. THAT is a syx rip-off band.

The SyX comparisons will be even less with their 3rd album which #1 has a new singer, Gus (who blows away David and sounds more similar to Edu from Angra) and #2 it will be heavier and have even more death and black influences.

Yeah I hate getting into this band sounds like this band crap...all I can say is that Adagio is unique in their own way. Both bands kick ass and are well respected. Matt you are right, I think Gus is a great singer...I wouldn't go as far as blowing away David at this point but we will see. :) At Progpower I spoke a lot with Stephan and the rest of the Adagio boys, I can't wait to hear the new direction that they are going. Speaking of Angra, haven't picked up the new one...anyone heard it yet?

Cheers, Tony

yes. adagio is more darker than symphony x. but i dont want whole band is going to black metal category. there should more acoustic thing in the cds. you know 2 or 3 guitars one on the other and then chords on keyboards etc

I really dont think there is much of a comparison at all between the two. I honestly cant see Symphony X playing any of Adagio's songs or vice versca. The Malmsteen comparison someone made is even more outlandish in my opinion. Other than genre, i dont see much else in common at all.