is any of you going to sentenced/lacuna coil at biebob tomorrow?

Well... Here in London it was adverised Sentenced with big letters and the rest with smaller ones... And outside London Astoria there was this poster that announced all the gigs that were taking place there during the month... And for October 31st it only said Sentenced... Despite this, Sentenced were the supporting group :(

Anyway, take care...

Nothing you all say can change me mind on Sentenced.... All the songs I've heared from them after the "Down" CD are very boring.... It's like listening to the same song over and over again.

Exactly my thoughts sol83... nice/catchy songs, but nothing special.. where's the damn inspiration? I hate it when bands release the same ideas over and over again..

Lacuna Coil isn't the most original band out there as well. But there's some really good work on all their albums, even if some songs are not that great music-wise. Things like that can be ignored when Cristina is singing anyway:)

whatever, you might not like them but they have a strong fan base and they're nice blokes and they're honest and genuine. so yeah, basically there's no point going on telling shit about them lads, if you don't like them, whatever, leave us alone :p

Originally posted by Eos
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think we're talking about the same band...

Aren't we talking about Lacuna Coil then? Watch it: I like them, but aren't they doing the same over and over again... gimme a clear difference between Ina Reverie and the new one? ;)
I can say already now, that if they doing this stuff again on the next album, I won't buy the album... :cry:

Originally posted by Mariner
Aren't we talking about Lacuna Coil then? Watch it: I like them, but aren't they doing the same over and over again... gimme a clear difference between Ina Reverie and the new one? ;)
I can say already now, that if they doing this stuff again on the next album, I won't buy the album... :cry:

Well you could just say that Lacuna Coil develop veery slow *g*. There is a difference between the older stuff and the new CD. The newer is more into gothic..
I think sol and Mindz were talking about Sentenced ;) .. and sorry but there´s a big difference between "Down" and "Cold White Light" (and also the other albums after Down) so you deffinitelly can´t say that "It's like listening to the same song over and over again" ;)

Originally posted by Eos
Well you could just say that Lacuna Coil develop veery slow *g*. There is a difference between the older stuff and the new CD. The newer is more into gothic..
I think sol and Mindz were talking about Sentenced ;)

I know ;) It was just a slightly ironic reply

We were indeed talking about Sentenced. Let me clear this out: I like Sentenced :) But still this doesn't prevent me from criticizing their work. Down, Frozen AND Crimson are pretty much the same thing. And The Cold White Light isn't THAT different. I like most songs off of these albums, but it's not the music I can listen to all the time. It's pretty much around the same ideas..

Now I still have no answer on the difference between old and new lacuna coil?! And if you are agreeing it's pretty the same, what's your problem with Sentenced then?
Sentenced is really original, it's only that quite obvious! OK, they're doing the pretty same thing, but still they're diverse comparing all the songs...

I said a few things about Lacuna Coil on my previous posts. If you are talking about their first and last album.. Comalies has more male vocals and more keyboard parts. These are things you notice as soon as you press the PLAY button..
Keep in mind that they are a relatively new group and they've only released 3 full albums :)

I have them all, even the EP's. You know, I like them. Really! But they didn't changed things yet, is it? For the male vocals... Andrea really improved on the last one! And for Christina, I prefer other female singers, like Anneke van Giersbergen (the gathering), Sharon den Adel (Within temptation), Liv Kristine (theatre of tragedy and Alanis Morisette... she's okay though
Sentenced did changed... anyway, this is leading to nothing. Peace. :D :cool:

We are not arguing.. just talking :)
As I said they're a new band, and it's true they are not the most original band out there as I said, but there's something special about them..
AND Cristina, along with Anneke, is the best female singer I've ever had the pleasure to listen to... my opinion that is..

Okay, but hopefully they change a bit: they shouldn't do some death or 'Beauty and the Beast'-metal or stuff, I would like too see them growing in what they're doing ;)

I've created war once again! I'm probably a horrible person... Anyway, Sentenced might indeed be great lads and that's adorable but that won't change me mind about their music... They 're playing here in a few weeks by the way. Hope they perform well!!!

Well for a starter you should learn the lyrics of 'Excuse when I'm killing myself'!

I kill myself
I blow my brains out to the world
See you in hell
Oh, I can't take this anymore
This is where it ends
I put a bullet in my head
I just drop dead
This is where it ends
this is where I will draw the line
excuse me why
I end my life

seems pretty straightforward, isn't it? But you should read the complete lyrics to understand... don't know the rest well, so

Well for a starter you should learn the lyrics of 'Excuse chan I'm killing myself'!

I kill myself
I blow my brains out to the world
See you in hell
Oh, I can't take this anymore
This is where it ends
I put a bullet in my head
I just drop dead
This is where it ends
this is where I will draw the line
excuse me why
I end my life

seems pretty straightforward, isn't it? But you should read the complete lyrics to understand... don't know the rest well, so

ahem.... excuse me it´s

I´ll kill myself
I´ll blow my brains onto the wall
See you in hell
I will not take this anymore
Now, this is where it ends this is where I will draw the line
so excues me while I end my life

;)

and at the end it´s

"I´ll kill myself
I´ll blow my brains onto the wall
See you in hell