IS having TestAmenT as an opening band a bad choice for Anthrax?

are only opinions, the reality is that testament alone would not fill a small club of 300 people

testament should be grateful to be on this tour with anthrax

are only opinions, the reality is that testament alone would not fill a small club of 300 people

testament should be grateful to be on this tour with anthrax

Nice reality you're living in then, Testament is as big as Anthrax is right now.

Not to mention Testament was bigger than Anthrax this past decade, even with being inactive half of it.

I don't think there's a single metal drummer in existence that is better than Gene Hoglan. Benante is good but he really doesn't even come close to the metal-drumming beast that is Hoglan.

Gene Hoglan is completely generic, Charlie Benante is considered one of the best drummers in metal history

OMG, been away a couple of weeks, now this thread easily makes it into the Crap 10. A killer billing of two bands living from their stage energy and some guys here start a locker room boys discussion ... you have two top performers here, simply enjoy! Hope that billing gets to Germany. Cheers!

I'm thrilled that Testament is playing with Anthrax. It's Anthrax's setlist that I'm not too crazy about but I still can't wait for the show. 90 minute Anthrax sets are nothing new. I dig all the tracks on WM. I'm Alive is a track I skip and In the End is great but far from being my favorite. I'd MUCH rather hear now it's dark or keep it in the family than Only. Again, no knock on Only, Bush or Joey's abilities. Just stating a preference.

Also, not mixing up the setlist from night to night can't be good for ticket sales. It would hinder the die hards from going to multiple dates. It also might stop the casual fan from attending a show once the tour hits their town if they know exactly what's gonna be played.

Nice reality you're living in then, Testament is as big as Anthrax is right now.

Can't agree with that. With the big 4 exposure and Anthrax nearly hitting top 10 in the US and charting all over the globe???

Can't see Testament having those sales....

Charlie has that ability where you say, "he can do anything". Hoglan and Bostoph are generic 1 dimensional drummers. They are still awesome at what they do though. Charlie has feel and style.

You guys realize that Hoglan isn't generic, he is the genre.

Seriously, he can't be generic when he was one of the first to drum like that.

Sure he is a pioneer. I wont disagree with that. I guess it's all relative. He may be 1 dimensional in a sense, but for his genre he is a leader ya know? Basically I'm saying that I'm not taking anything away from Hoglan's status or ability in the Thrash genre.

Hoglan does indeed fucking own! But he's hardly "Testament's drummer", he's like a semi-session muso. He even played with Old Man's Child! Br00tal

Having Testament on the bill is awesome and really can't see how anyone can complain. For most openers, I am still drinking outside. But shit, for 23 bucks I got to see two of my favorite bands. Exodus on the bill as well woulda been icing on the cake, but I still had a blast.

So what the hell are you trying to say by posting these 2 videos IMF09????

The whole point I'm making is Anthrax is a BIGGER band sales wise than Testament, and you post 2 youtube videos comparing crowd reactions to a couple of tunes to try and prove something?

Still, I guess when Testament goes top 10 with their new record, you will have proven me wrong.

I wouldn't care what he says. Seems like there are more douches on here since imf09 was banned. :rolleyes::)

Joey is better than Chuck Billy? YES

Rob Caggiano is better than Alex Skolnick? NO

Charlie is better than Paul Bastoph/Gene Hoglan? pfffffff YES

Scott Ian is better than Eric Peterson? hahahahahaha oh my god.... YES!!!

I'd say Testament is every bit as talented as Anthrax and has a more consistent catalog???? oh my god WTF!!!

TESTAMENT IS A GOOD BAND BUT NEVER BE A GREAT BAND sorry bro..:rolleyes:

Comparing Joey and Chuck is silly.

Alex pisses on anyone that's ever played lead for Anthrax and that includes Dime.

You can't compare the drummers because Testament have had more drummers than Spinal Tap.

Scott is one of the standards for rhythm guitar but he will never play a lead as good as Eric and Eric destroys Scott as a writer.

As far as the "Testament is a good band but never be a great band"...as much as I love Anthrax, they've never written an album as good as "The Gathering." That's not an insult to Anthrax because no on else in the thrash genre has either and that album didn't even have Skolnick on it. And there's not one Testament album I'd skip over and Anthrax has 4.

I've seen Testament more than I've seen Anthrax and the only time I've seen Anthrax pull in more fans was for the "Alive 2" taping.

Comparisons aside, this is a great bill. You throw in Death Angel, who have put out 3 solid albums over the past 10 years and it's a thrasher's dream. If you want to bitch about it, go on The View, there's no crying in metal.