Is Katatonia Doom?

IS KATATONIA DOOM?

• Hell Yeah! Why are you even asking?

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Uh NO!

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
This FuckinShit between Fuckinshit and I has got to end. I am tired of posting and this guy waiting for me to finish so that he can pounce on me like the FuckinShit-ty loser he is. I will leave the decision to you, the loyal KATATONIA fans (like me) that listen to everything and not worry about genres. Is the music, lyrics, and overall atmosphere of KATATONIA doom or not?

their current stuff is deffinately not, nor is Brave Murder Day in my opinion. maybe the earlier stuff could be classed as doom.
myself, i prefer to put Katatonia under the - ''Music i like'' catagory.

Their first ep and and album were black metal with some elements of doom ,that I can't deny.
...after that, it's the farest from doom...

No...their music/lyrics are definitely melancholic and depressing,but it's just not anymore at least musically doom. If you make a doom fan listen to Viva Emptiness I doubt he'll go up and down and tell you how doom it sounds.

As you can see you have all answered "YES" to my question, atleast in the posts as oppossed to the poll.

Why? Because the question wasn't is KATATONIA "STILL doom". And all of you has said that they were doom at some point in time so therefore you are answering "YES" to the question. The poll isn't doing justice to that question!

Shogunautz said:
As you can see you have all answered "YES" to my question, atleast in the posts as oppossed to the poll.

Why? Because the question wasn't is KATATONIA "STILL doom". And all of you has said that they were doom at some point in time so therefore you are answering "YES" to the question. The poll isn't doing justice to that question!

because the question is stupid. The band has two major periods (can you argue with this??), and in the BEGINNING of the first period they had doom elements like I already said THOUSAND TIMES, so this poll doesn't even relate to our argue.

For me IS DOOM.
For me doom music is the kind of music that make me feel sad, dark thougths...you know??
And i'm in this feelings with some bands, include katatonia. Are Different than a lot of doom bands like Theatre of tragedy(the firsts cd's), Orphanage, My dying Bride, ....All are differents but you feel some near elements.
But i'm not really worry if they are a doom band or not.

Why do people always feel obligated to categorize music anyway. It's MUSIC.

Well I think you have to catagorized music to a sertant extent other wise you could have Katatonia be put right next to linkin park.
I voted that katatonia is Doom I agree with egodie.

yv said:
noone asked

kleenex.jpg