Is Mike a Detroit Red Wings Fan?

Actually, at the Vancouver Canada Prog Nation concert, Mike made the following comments:
1)"We always play you guys (Canada) at hockey"
2)"All your best players are Swedish" (referring to the Vancouver Canucks - true statement)
And finally...
3)"But who cares anyway, ANYONE WHO LIKES HOCKEY IS GAY"

I think he was trying to be funny. I certainly thought it was funny - but I never knew if he was being semi-serious with that last point or not.
Definitely got a reaction out of the audience!
Part of me thought he was serious though....

Fixed it for you. It's a shame what happened to him, but I guess when you play the style that he played, it's gonna take it's toll. Zetterberg is a great two way player and will be for years to come, may end up the best player out of Sweden.

To the two having the fight over the salary cap, the NHL didn't always have one, and the Wings had one of the highest payrolls in the NHL before they were locked out. That being said, I wouldn't want anyone telling me how much I can invest in my business. As long as I'm making a profit, I should be able to invest as much as I want into my business. Not my fault that Joe Shmoe down the block can't keep his business afloat. Bottom line, put a winning team on the ice and the people will come. Rangers were sold out all season long again, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

You're a fucking Idiot!! You need to get down on your knees, and thank Edmonton for not having enough money to keep the 7 player they BOUGHT from the OIlers in 92-93 Edmonton, and the good NY team, (Islanders)and Edmonton built their teams(9 championships between them) with draft picks, and knowledge about what players are good. I know about there not being a salary cap,until 06' duh! The first year there was a salary cap, who was in the finals, and came one game away from another championship? All New York does is take players, that they didn't know were good, until they played a few years. 7 Oilers, and then in the mid to late 90s, Lindross, Jagr, Straka, Pavel Bure, Lowe-the Oiler head coach, Sather, the ex Oiler general manager, Gretzky, Fluery, and so on, and fucking so on.... only big cities can afford(until the cap) to spend money, because they have bigger populations than the small cities, hence more people can go. Edmonton has only been around 29 years, what's New York's(80+ years and counting) excuse? By that kind of logic, the Rangers should have more than 4 championships. How would that be good if there's only six teams again in the NHL? Gonna brag about only having to play only 2 rounds of playoff hockey against only 5 other teams? And put a winning team on the Ice? I believe in 29 years, the Oilers have only had 5 losing seasons, and still have a hockey team. I know 3 in a row, thanks to NY in 92, 93, and 94 taking players from their team. Oh yeah, the second biggest market, L.A. took 5 from(88-91) Edmonton as well. Where's their championships?

It's funny you mention that. Akerfeldt (Clearwater show-last one) talked of DT's Labrie being a Canuck, and Labrie came out after their encore with a Vancouver Canuck jersey on.