Is Mike a Detroit Red Wings Fan?

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
I think the Detroit Red Wings are fans of Opeth, or at least the arena staff. I was blown away when I thought I heard the Arena DJ play Deliverance when I was in the mens room today during the second period at the Joe Louis Arena with the Wings winning 3-2. I am pretty sure I was not wearing head phones. I think the boys in the band are fans of the greatest sport in the world.

GO WINGS! GO OPETH!

Incredible if they really played Opeth. Maybe some of the players had suggested it since there are so many swedish players in the team :loco:

If Mike were a hockey fan, he would definitely be a Red Wings fan. But I don't think he is.

BTW I'm very jealous that you went to a playoff game at the Joe. I've been a Wings fan since the 80's, but I live too far away to get to a game. Maybe someday.

Go Wings!

although i really dont want to take part in such a dumb thread, mike IS a hockey fan. that's it for me.

I always thought Zetterberg looks like Jared Leto.
By the way, the Wings are a buncha pussies. Sure, they can score, but the fact that they're having trouble filling the stadium this year shows that the fans would like to see a bit of toughness. Too many Swedes I think. . . .

I think the Detroit Red Wings are fans of Opeth, or at least the arena staff. I was blown away when I thought I heard the Arena DJ play Deliverance when I was in the mens room today during the second period at the Joe Louis Arena with the Wings winning 3-2. I am pretty sure I was not wearing head phones. I think the boys in the band are fans of the greatest sport in the world.

GO WINGS! GO OPETH!

haha, good stuff. I'll agree with you on 2 things and 2 things only. 1. hockey is the greatest sport of all time. 2. Mikael is a hockey fan.

however.....RED WINGS SUCK!! sorry man, ive always hated the red wings, minnesota wild is my team, although they didn't do too good in the playoffs.

haha, good stuff. I'll agree with you on 2 things and 2 things only. 1. hockey is the greatest sport of all time. 2. Mikael is a hockey fan.

however.....RED WINGS SUCK!! sorry man, ive always hated the red wings, minnesota wild is my team, although they didn't do too good in the playoffs.

I was at all three of the Stanley Cup Games when they won it a few years back. 16 years in a row in the playoffs. One of the best players of all time STEVE YZERMAN. I think we are the Yankees of the NHL. And as far as the Minnesota North Stars......errrr... Wild.... they are a pass through team. The Wings are Hockey, and damn if I did not hear Opeth at the game.

I think we are the Yankees of the NHL.

Please don't say this. I have lived in New York and New England, and I can tell you that the Wings are nothing like the Yankees. There's a salary cap in hockey - it's impossible to rack up the insane numbers the Yankees have in the NHL. The Wings have gotten where they are through talent, hard work, and good coaching. End of story.

Seems like if Mike was going to be a fan, it certainly might have something to do with the number of Swedes on the team.

Please don't say this. I have lived in New York and New England, and I can tell you that the Wings are nothing like the Yankees. There's a salary cap in hockey - it's impossible to rack up the insane numbers the Yankees have in the NHL. The Wings have gotten where they are through talent, hard work, and good coaching. End of story.

Seems like if Mike was going to be a fan, it certainly might have something to do with the number of Swedes on the team.

The Red Wings have the same Mystique in the NHL as the Yankees have to the MLB.

I was at all three of the Stanley Cup Games when they won it a few years back. 16 years in a row in the playoffs. One of the best players of all time STEVE YZERMAN. I think we are the Yankees of the NHL. And as far as the Minnesota North Stars......errrr... Wild.... they are a pass through team. The Wings are Hockey, and damn if I did not hear Opeth at the game.

yeah, wild aren't anything special, i just really dig them. it's impossible for me to have my favorite team be the team thats unstoppable every year. there's no suprise when you're a "front runner."

but yes, yzerman kicked ass. how fast could he skate? didnt he hold the record for it? or am i mistaking him for federov?