Is opeth your favorite band????

I've been trying to tell myself that there's something better. But buying the Ghost Reveries special edition and hearing the Deep Purple cover and the jazz improv stuff ruined any chances of me saying they're NOT my favorite band.

This is why i set up this thread to see if there was a better band than opeth.

Never heard of ISIS before,listened, now im going to buy their new album.

There any Ozric Tentacles fans on here?

They're my fav. progressive metal band...but as for fav. artist of all time? i cant say i even have one. Theres just too many different styles of music to listen to to have a fav band imo.

Some time ago, I would have said yes. Now... I think there's just far too much interesting, great music out there for me to even try to pick out one band/artist as 'best'. Opeth are one of my favourites I think, but atm I don't actually listen to them very much at all.

But, I mean... I couldn't possibly sit here and say 'Opeth are better than Radiohead', or 'Opeth are better than Pink Foyd', because that would be absolutely ridiculous. I may like them as much, but I couldn't justify saying they were better. I'm sure Mike and all the other guys in Opeth would realise the ridiculousness of these statements too.

I'd say Opeth is my fav ! There are others like Metallica, Faith No More, AIC, Pink Floyd & Type O, but Opeth has a more solid catalog of music from start to finish & they continue to make great music. They're also pretty cool guys & seem to always be touring which is awesome for us fans.

They were certainly my favourite band for a good 2 years. And they remain one of my favourites still.

i only have erpland and must say it's a fantastic record. i can call myself a fan, i guess cause it gets a lot of spins.

yer erpland is a cool album , the names make me laugh. Mysticum Arabicola i find very amusing but is my fav song on the album.

yup #1 for me easily too....follolwed closely by Anatheam,katatonia and amon amarth adn Alice in chains..!!........PEAC EOUT

Lets see...favorite all time bands...Here is the countdown:
5. Britney Spears
4. West Life
3. Christina Agulera
2. Boy Zone
1. Aqua
Brilliant, init? (lol).

Opeth definitly is one of my favorite, i'm not a big fan of thir new stuff, but, fuckin hell man, can't stop listening to their old albums. To be honest, its been 6 years since i bought the Orchid and Morningrise, i still listen to them. Still Life is my favorite Opeth ablum. Here are the rest:
- Death. (Chuck Schuldiner).
- Morbid Angel.
- Possessed.
- Venom.
- Six Feet Under.
- Deicide.
- Isis.
- Porcupine Tree. (+ side projects like Blackfield, No-Man, etc).
- Zarathustra.
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: