Is opeth your favorite band????

So who is your favourite band then if you had to pick one artists collection to take to a desert island for eternity?

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................rush.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Blackfield would be up there for me too... if i could fucking find anything from them!!! I've only heard a few tracks, but i love what i hear

Really? I downloaded 3 tracks from Limewire then bought the album off eBay. I'm positive you'd be able to find most of their songs on P2P programs. And just inc ase you didn't realise they have some stuff on their Myspace page (Once is my pick).

anyone who can pick 1 band to a question like that probably has extremely narrow and probably shallow taste.

No, they're just better able to discern than other people. The classic 'Desert Island Discs' question has been asked of many people for many years. There's nothing shallow or narrow about it. It's merely a hypothetical scenario which, pretentiousness aside, should be fairly easy to answer, given a little thought.

And nobody takes it that seriously, which is why refusal to give an answer on the grounds of the question being shallow is lame.

well, it is really not easy to answer the desert island disc question, and probably i would have to pic randomly from a rather large list of albums i really like. and my list would most likely include only classical music.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................rush.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

haha yeah what a fabulous band, they made enough incredible music to feed my ears for many many years, but i don't think they are my desert island band.

As for the island question: I'd swap my favorite band for a guitar. Even if I can't play it well yet, it still be more entertaining in the long run. [/copout]

anyone who can pick 1 band to a question like that probably has extremely narrow and probably shallow taste.

don't worry mate, one day you'll be older and suddenly realise that you're no longer a frustrated, pretentious twenty-something year old who constantly worries about musical taste and cant grow a beard properly.

j/k