Is opeth your favorite band????

I don't really have a favorite band anymore, just several favorite bands.

Opeth, Fear Factory, Devin Townsend Band, Strapping Young Lad, The Gathering (old and new, though I tend to like the new stuff more), Type O Negative, Soundgarden, Pantera, many more.

why do people like you assume that just because someone downloads music, they don't buy any?

I reckon if you got money you should always buy, at least for the bands you love. If it helps anyone on the moral dilemma the band gets only royalties from a CD but the money goes directly in their pocket when you go see the gig.

I love loadsa bands but here is a few of my favs, not in any real order:

TOOL, OPETH, METALLICA, ISIS, NEUROSIS, SLAYER, PINK FLOYD, LED ZEPPELIN, RADIOHEAD, ANATHEMA, AGALLOCH, SIGUR ROS, ENVY, PORCUPINE TREE, MASTADON, THE CURE, MUSE, AMPLIFIER, JOY DIVISION, MOGWAI, EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY, GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPEROR!, RED SPAROWES, BLACK SABBATH, CULT OF LUNA, MOUTH OF THE ARCHITECT, TIDES, DREDG, KING CRIMSON, A PERFECT CIRCLE, EARTHTONE 9, TWIN ZERO, BOSSK, and on and on and on

p.s I've prob missed loads of obvious ones as well

Any1 roughly the same?

Discuss

The new twin zero album is pretty good, different from monolith tho, it's more song based rather than a kinda concept album. it's defo worth getting. Karl middleton is a quality singer. I miss earthtone9. Arc'tan'gent was a stunning album and the e.p. after that was good 2, pity they chucked it

I miss earthtone9. Arc'tan'gent was a stunning album and the e.p. after that was good 2, pity they chucked it

I think the 3 new songs on the 'Omega' EP were 3 of the best earthtone9 ever wrote. What makes it worse is that they were all recorded with a new album in mind, before they decided to call it a day.

On the basis of those songs, that final album would have been an absolute stunner. Really something special. Much as I like Karl's recent projects (I liked the Blueprint also), they haven't quite measured up to his last 2 efforts with earthtone9.

Still, cheers for the recommendation :)

Opeth would definetly be in ma top 5, some of those awesome jazz bands like Trio Toykeat ( insaNe retro-swedish-classical-prog-jazz), chick corea, zeppelin then probably opeth and Tool for me :)

Opeth are the best live band for a quality performance though...thats a fact.

Opeth is currently my favorite band, and probably will remain so for some time. They really changed my way of musical perception so profoundly that I have difficulties now enjoying the regular "intro-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus-finale" song structure of todays popular music.

I tried out tool recently, I like there sound pretty much, but it still bores me a bit.

Last faves before Opeth where Katatonia & Death. All time faves also include Björk, Midnight Oil, Jethro Tull, Metallica, Skyclad and Manowar. (The latter is ridiculous, I know, but I can't help it.)

Oh. And, of course, Miles Davis and Wayne Shorter. But that's another story.

opeth is probably my fav at the moment i love GR and i can't stop playing eternal soul torture its has riffs from other opeth songs if you have a good listening ear you will notice

No, not my favourite, but they're up there somewhere in my top 15 or so... This sounds a little harsh, but I love a lot of bands hahaha :)