Is the community more chilled out here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana51

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2009
I've registered on two metal forums, All Metal Forums, and Metal Throne. Both have quite a good share of assholes that will instantly turn your threads into flamefests.
One particular member on AMF keeps looking up my myspace and posting crappy looking pics that make me look like a complete douche, which completely derails the thread.
Do I need to worry about that BS here?

Well, if you act like a douche on here, you'll get a lot of unwanted attention, same as any forum but this place has its share of trolls and whatnot. All in all it's a chill atmosphere where people put out a lot of great information. The vast majority of the people here are cool.

All good forums are filled with assholes and off topic shit.

This place would be way better if the mods were a bit less vigilant.

The mods here generally put the hammer down on giant flamefests and thread derailings, though there's a little leeway given for short ones. There are plenty of argumentative/dickish people here, but for the most part it's under control. Overall the place is pretty awesome.

All good forums are filled with assholes and off topic shit.

This place would be way better if the mods were a bit less vigilant.

I've been on forums where the mods don't care at all about shitposts and trolling, and the quality of threads there is garbage. I think the way the mods do things here (at least in GMD) is just fine.

Some guy deleted a post I made, and gave me a warning, because it contained nudity. Silly people.

Nah, this forum is pretty safe from trolling compared to others. I think it's lame though, because no one will troll you unless you're a dumbass anyway.

Um, that's not true at all. Trolls don't need to be "fed" at all to be a pain in the ass.

People in this forum can be pretty damn opinionated but that's with pretty much any forum. I have only found 1 civil forum out of all the ones I have been on.

I've registered on two metal forums, All Metal Forums, and Metal Throne. Both have quite a good share of assholes that will instantly turn your threads into flamefests.
One particular member on AMF keeps looking up my myspace and posting crappy looking pics that make me look like a complete douche, which completely derails the thread.
Do I need to worry about that BS here?

I hope you don't get all huffy and accuse me of being 'not chilled' here, but this section of the forum is for discussion of non-metal music and artists, so I'm locking this. And with regards to your question, I agree with Psychonaut. Don't act like a douche and you'll be fine. And also, don't get easily offended.

Yeah you have no need to worry around these parts. In other places you might have problems though

Status
Not open for further replies.