Isis

Conspicuously Absent

Linguistically Confused
Mar 27, 2005
Berlin
I just heard that Isis is coming to town. I know a bunch of you guys love em... are htey any good live? and where should I start with their discography in order to decide if I want to see them?

you know, i was not a big fan but after someone posted that live video from Europe some time ago ... they sound really great live. I would not mind seeing them ..

MFJ said:
Ali... they're playing in Cromwell here in CT. Come to the show and hang out!

WOAH! I just checked TicketBastard.....they're playing NYC on May 4th.

WTF!!?? People, people, you gotta keep us informed of such things....

I need to buy a ticket!!

yeah, at the AVALON of all places ... that's the old Limelight for old schoolers ... great venue for such a gig ... as it's an old converted church.

lurch70 said:
yeah, at the AVALON of all places ... that's the old Limelight for old schoolers ... great venue for such a gig ... as it's an old converted church.

Outstanding.

I'm actually assuming that myself, Zod, Mark, and you should go to this for sure. I don't actually know where Jason stands with Isis, but honestly, I would assume anyone and everyone should see Isis in a LIVE SETTING.

Has anyone seen Isis for real?

dude ... I am going, I don't think we need to scramble for tickets fast, the place is pretty big. They don't really have bands anymore playing live, so this is a surprise ... its really a big techno dance club.
but since it was a church, the main hall has some amazing accoustics ... saw Morbid Angel, Voivod, Fight, etc. there back in the Limelight days ... they used to have Metal Sundays.

someone repost that isis live show from sweedish tv i think ...

dude ... I am going, I don't think we need to scramble for tickets fast, the place is pretty big. They don't really have bands anymore playing live, so this is a surprise ... its really a big techno dance club.
but since it was a church, the main hall has some amazing accoustics ... saw Morbid Angel, Voivod, Fight, etc. there back in the Limelight days ... they used to have Metal Sundays.

someone repost that isis live show from sweedish tv i think ...

good thing I created this post, so as to inform you New York bastards about a chance to see isis. :D And this is a good excuse for me to check them out and see if I like Nemtheanga's reccomendation :p (/gugs)

thats an awesome venue lurch. Richard's is just a bigass building. Theres a restaurant, a bar (where the show is). The bar portion also is a nightclub at times.