Isis

Dick Sirloin said:
Seeing ISIS last winter was amazing. You'll be headbanging all night, trust me.

Headbanging at Isis?? Were they playing Motorhead cover tunes or something!? :loco:

Hey lurch -- apparently Irving Plaza sells tickets at their Box Office without the surcharge so chances are I'll just head down there next week.

May 1 - Gamma Ray
May 4 - ISIS

:Spin:

Not typical 80s retard headbanging, more like groovy "head-dipping".

Have you never heard Isis? :loco:

unhinged said:
Lurch
what line up of voivod did you see?

this was back in the day during the Angel Rat tour I think ... not sure if Blacky was still with them, but if I remember correctly he was.

JayKeeley said:
Headbanging at Isis?? Were they playing Motorhead cover tunes or something!? :loco:

Hey lurch -- apparently Irving Plaza sells tickets at their Box Office without the surcharge so chances are I'll just head down there next week.

May 1 - Gamma Ray
May 4 - ISIS

:Spin:

sounds good ... but like I said, the Avalon is pretty big, I would definetelly not worry of a sellout on this ... unless these support bands have a big following as well.

Dick Sirloin said:
You'll be headbanging all night, trust me.

I swear I could not move my back/neck the day after.

BTW , I'd give a ball to see all your reactions when Dälek will be entering the stage :D

unhinged said:
if I had a camera handy I could have given you a picture of an actual green irishman there:ill:

no fucking way, you wee there?

I think they were opening for Soungarden or something ... those days are a blur

haha ... ok ... the word "there" in your original statement made me think you must have been there.
I know you are a big Voivod fan, so am I ... been so from the days of ROAR ... they are untouchable and unimmitable in so many ways.

I am SO excited to see Isis.

By the way, can I start something that will probably end up in an argument? OK here goes:

Panopticon > Oceanic

That is all.

JayKeeley said:
I am SO excited to see Isis.

By the way, can I start something that will probably end up in an argument? OK here goes:

Panopticon > Oceanic

That is all.
At this point in time, I would entirely agree with you.

As you know, I had Oceanic, wasn't thrilled with it, sold it to you. Then I got a chance to hear Panopticon and was completely blown away, wound up going out to get my own copy. Maybe I'll feel differently about Oceanic now? Not sure, but for now, Panopticon is the superior album.

i agree, the more modern feel of Panopticon is a plus to their sound ...

someone needs to repost that damn video

MadeInNewJersey said:
Maybe I'll feel differently about Oceanic now?

Sure.

I hope you ppl of NY will get "Carry" and "The Beginning and The End" (classic encore). They rock really hard in a live setting . Anyway you'll probably have 80% of Panopticon + something from Celestial (title track = win) which is fine enough

lurch70 said:
haha ... ok ... the word "there" in your original statement made me think you must have been there.
I know you are a big Voivod fan, so am I ... been so from the days of ROAR ... they are untouchable and unimmitable in so many ways.

agreed of course
I liked roooooaaaarr
it was really when killing technology came out that everything fell into place for me.

you know they've named the new album?
'Katorz'
i can't wait, but i reckon there'll be a lump in the throat and a tear in the eye for that first listen:erk: