It's Official: COREY TAYLOR Is Working With ANTHRAX On New Album

I have been into anthrax since I was in 1st grade.

I love JOEY AND BUSH ERA anthrax!

But lately this band is becoming a joke. And COREY IS NOT A GOOD PICK FOR A VOCALIST.........nothing against him, but I think the only reason scott and charlie picked him is for cash.

Sure, they will fill bigger places (even though they were with the REUNITED joey lineup), but it won't be with their OLDSCHOOL original fans,...it'll be filled with slipnot and corey fans.

ITS REALLY SAD that anthrax got this far to end up like this.
I'm glad JOHN didn't step on his pride by coming back to anthrax....they booted him out for a reunion that made no new material....just live shows.

ITS REALLY REALLY SAD!

How many times do ill-informed people like you have to be told - John Bush was asked to be a part of the anniversary tour. He wasn't booted out - he has said so himself. He just felt he didn't want to be a part of it. That's a big fucking difference from being booted out of the band.

Yeah it's definatly going to be better than a Belladonna album would be, for sure. However, without it being John Bush at the mic, I have very little interest in it. I'll probably check it out though - it won't be Anthrax to me. Hopefully they release it under a different name.

^Yep, Regardless of personal preference/opinions on whos behind the mic, If joey or john had have been on the new album it could legitimately be called an anthrax album - no questions asked.... With Corey on Vox im not so sure :erk:

Hopefully they release it under a different name.

Explain this to me will you. Why should they change there name. They have 3 of the longest serving members of the band in there, including the man who started the band. When they made WCFYA they only had 2 of these guys so by that thinking they should have changed there name long ago, posably when JB joined.
So just cause members change, the name should change.
Should Megadeth change there name? What about Metallica there on there 3rd base player should they change there name. Did Sabath change when they brought in new members? What about Sepultura there are no original members left and theyve kept the name and the fan base they always had. So can you all just give it a rest about the name they are Anthrax and should be until the band calls it quits.

Megadeth = Mustaine. He writes the majority of all their music and most importantly, their sound relies on not only his guitar style, but his voice. Like it or not, a bands sound is predominantly created by the singers voice.

Now, Anthrax have already gone through 3 vocalists and one major stylistic change (pre and post SOWN). To think that the Anthrax name could stand yet another change in vocalist and still hold credibility is bordering on ridiculous - Especially considering that the new vocalist could be Corey Taylor, a big name in metal, who is currently apart of two highly successful bands.

Having said this of course I will buy the new album (and most likely enjoy it) regardless of the name it is released under…

I like Slipknot myself, and think Corey could fit into Anthrax - just because Corey is going to be around on the new record, doesn't mean that Anthrax will go nu metal.

They have 3 of the longest serving members of the band in there, including the man who started the band. When they made WCFYA they only had 2 of these guys .

What are you talking about? The same 3 guys that are in the band now - Scott, Charlie, and Frank, were on WCFYA. Plus John, someone who had been singing for them for over 10 years....and then the new guy Rob.

John sang for Anthrax for 13 years. Yeah, Joey sang for them for 8 years and they didn't change the name when he was fired - but they had the other four original members at the time. All it was was a singer replacement. It was still Anthrax. And yeah, Dan left soon after - but since they didn't change the name for SOWN, they kept forging ahead. That's admirable. But now, so many years later, it seems foolish to keep calling it Anthrax time after time. Especially when it's a singer situation. Sure, AC/DC did it - but they couldn't help it - Bon Scott died. Van Halen were successful with their 2nd singer. But guess what - this is Anthrax's FOURTH singer. Third that counts in the longterm I suppose.

Roadrunner isn't what it was like in the early days but it still helps Bands get tons of good tours in front of lots of people

Opeth has received more attention since signing.
Machine Head puts out a killer new cd and gets tons of attention.

In the end, it would be up to Scott and Charlie if they wanted to change their musical direction not the label.

Now it's only a matter of time before Anthrax get signed to Roadrunner Records. :puke:

Why does anyone have a problem with that???

It would mean better promotion than Anthrax have had in the last decade or more, hence better sales, more shows, and Anthrax's longetivity would be more likely.

Why the fuck is that a bad thing????????????

And before anyone plays me the Roadrunner selling out card - did Machine Head? Did Megadeth? Did Opeth? And all those bands have absolute killer records out currently and are in much better positions than they were 5 years ago. I think it would be nothing but a good thing for Anthrax and have actually hoped for it for a while now.