It's Official: COREY TAYLOR Is Working With ANTHRAX On New Album

Its actually kinda laughable... I really wish it was a joke. Not just because Slipknot is a distant memory for me, still rotating around in my playlist somewhere, but its definitely a cash in. All the Slipknot kids are going to switch on Anthrax and pretend they've liked this band, and bands like it, when they never really have, probably never will... and its just to suck more of Corey's cock. I don't know about you, but noticing that shit is going to piss me off.

No matter if he has good vox... there are better choices out there, some that aren't even anywhere near as famous. And better yet, they'd fit the style. Nice knowing you, Anthrax.

I see your point and I'm sure if this all comes to pass, some of the Slipknot fans will probably gravitate towards Anthrax's music, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

This could be a chance to introduce Anthrax to a whole new generation. I'm willing to give it a shot.

By the way, I say this as a long time Anthrax fan and as a Slipknot/Stone Sour fan.

Well...here's my two cents worth.

Back in 92-93, I didn't think John Bush could do the Joey songs juctice.
BOY WAS I WRONG. John Bush is the shit.

I don't have the highest regard for Corey Taylor but I'm hoping to be proved wrong once again.

I like your attitude toward the change. I'm going to give it every opportunity to impress. My opinion is - who cares who Corey Taylor has sung with in the past? He has an awesome set of lungs, and can sing / scream / whatever - I actually reakon he can really fit in well to Anthrax's music. And the bonus is that he will bring more interest to the band - media and then hopefully sales.

I see your point and I'm sure if this all comes to pass, some of the Slipknot fans will probably gravitate towards Anthrax's music, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

By the way, I say this as a long time Anthrax fan and as a Slipknot/Stone Sour fan.

But it's not Anthrax - IT'S A SLIPKNOT SIDE PROJECT!

I really hope the day does not come when Anthrax becomes a side project for a member of Slipknot because that's how he'll treat it. In actual fact, Stone Sour is his side project so Anthrax will be a side/side project. How can you count on his commitment?

The mighty Anthrax, one of the Big 4 reduced to geeting their next singer through a poll on myspace! Laughable! Why not give all us a go as a singer? We could all have a verse on the new album!

uSE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN! so YOU'RE SAYING THAT AFTER BELLADONNA WAS FIRED AND BUSH BECAME NEW ANTHRAX SINGER THEY SHOULD CALL IT ARMOURED SAINT SIDE PROJECT?!
fucking bullshit.

You dont have much of an idea about the music then and now do you? You come on here gobbing off and swearing like a total child. Grow up, then come back on here when you can post without sounding (and typing) like a retard.

Anthrax was Bush's main focus since he joined and Armoured Saint was officially disbanded until 2000 when Revelation came out when Anthrax were having a break! SO it was hardly a 'Saint' side project.

Slipknot are still around (albiet on abit of a break) but have stated that this is only a temporary measure until the next album. Currently Slipknot are 100 times more popular than Anthrax, so what happens to Anthrax when the Slipknot machine starts to roll again. So yes, it can be considered a side project for him.

I dont know if this is the best thing for the band to be doing. It means a limited chance for touring as next year Cory is probably gonna be doing a new Slipknot record, so thats a few months in the studio, then hes gonna be touring the album world wide. Hes still gonna be touring Stone Sour, so thats another few months. Thats most if not all of the year taken up, and still nothing with Thrax.
I realy dont see them staying off the road for another year possably 2.
The only plus is the exposure there gonna get through Corey, but there gonna get that now anyway cause hes helping them, and the SS/SK fans are gonna check out anything hes involved with.

Vocaly I think he could nail all the Thrax stuff. His voice is a lot better than anyone gives him credit for.
Saw SS in glasgow,and the sound system gave out, so he came out with an accoustic and sang Blue Hotel by Chris Isack. I dont like the song or the guy, but you gotta agree its a fucking hard song to sing, and he hit every note perfect. If he can do that, then Belladonna stuff wont be a problem for him.

Still I dont think he will be the permanent singer, just cause hes helping to write the stuff dont mean hes gonna sing it. How much did Joey write? nothing but he still sang it all.

Just my opinion, now let the flaming commence.

For what it's worth, I saw Corey do 'Bring The Noise' live with Anthrax and he was amazing. He's a HUGE Anthrax fan into the bargain. The more I'm thinking about it, the more interesting it becomes.

They might make a fantastic record together. Let's wait and hear.

I agree Ragman, I guess we can all speculate that he is going to sing since he is writing with Anthrax. Until it is announced, we don't know!

I also agree that until it's official and even after that (until I actually hear something when it's complete) I really can't speculate too much. However, until then I'll keep the torch burning.

ofcourse he is most likely to be just helping out,how can that be fucking bad?,god forbid if anything good happens to anthrax ,u guys are never fucking happy,and stone sour aint no side project its a very successful band in its own right,corey will do 1 more knot record b4 going stone sour on its own,stone sour will be around for a very long time!

dunno if corey taylor is right for anthrax but im not going to bash him or anything so i guess we will just have to wait and see

I really hope the day does not come when Anthrax becomes a side project for a member of Slipknot because that's how he'll treat it. In actual fact, Stone Sour is his side project so Anthrax will be a side/side project. How can you count on his commitment?

The mighty Anthrax, one of the Big 4 reduced to geeting their next singer through a poll on myspace! Laughable! Why not give all us a go as a singer? We could all have a verse on the new album!

i really think ian and benante would have explained to him the importance of commitment to anthrax before even considering to write with him.
its not a god damn project and if thats the case it seems that ian and benante have their tails between their legs but THEY DONT.
if corey decides to fuck anthrax over , oh damn he wouldnt want too.
Anthrax isnt a side project to anyone who joins the band and any bandmemeber within anthrax who says that has fucken disgraced themselves.
LONG LIVE ANTHRAX

i really think ian and benante would have explained to him the importance of commitment to anthrax before even considering to write with him.
its not a god damn project and if thats the case it seems that ian and benante have their tails between their legs but THEY DONT.
if corey decides to fuck anthrax over , oh damn he wouldnt want too.
Anthrax isnt a side project to anyone who joins the band and any bandmemeber within anthrax who says that has fucken disgraced themselves.
LONG LIVE ANTHRAX
ONCE AGAIN I'D BE GLAD TO HAVE cOREY AS A VOCALIST HE'S THE SHIT

I have been into anthrax since I was in 1st grade.

I love JOEY AND BUSH ERA anthrax!

But lately this band is becoming a joke. And COREY IS NOT A GOOD PICK FOR A VOCALIST.........nothing against him, but I think the only reason scott and charlie picked him is for cash.

Sure, they will fill bigger places (even though they were with the REUNITED joey lineup), but it won't be with their OLDSCHOOL original fans,...it'll be filled with slipnot and corey fans.

ITS REALLY SAD that anthrax got this far to end up like this.
I'm glad JOHN didn't step on his pride by coming back to anthrax....they booted him out for a reunion that made no new material....just live shows.

ITS REALLY REALLY SAD!

But lately this band is becoming a joke. And COREY IS NOT A GOOD PICK FOR A VOCALIST.........nothing against him, but I think the only reason scott and charlie picked him is for cash.

Bla, bla, bla...Everyone on this board knows the thoughts of Charlie, Scott and Frank...What the hell? I don't want to read it anymore..."They're recording new album...only for cash!!!" "No...they didn't want to play reunion shows because they wanted to have fan with old friends...they jus twanted CASH!"..bla bla bla fuckin bullshit.
Don't get me wrong... I'm not a fan of Slipknot and I think that Phil Anselmo would be great for Anthrax, but I hope that they will release cool kick ass album soon.
P.S: Were you so pesimistic after changes in Exodus, when Rob, Lee and Paul joined...? SHKM is great !!! :headbang:

P.S: Were you so pesimistic after changes in Exodus, when Rob, Lee and Paul joined...?

Not to defend, but I think it's only natural that there be some uncertainty whenever someone enters a scene - band, work, life, whatever. Anything "new" entering a picture that's stable to you is going to upset the apple cart initially, even if things end up working out perfectly.

I've said I personally don't think that Corey would be a good fit, but I've also said I'm more than willing to give him a chance to prove me wrong. That's not slamming Corey, nor is it slamming Anthrax (or pretending to know what's going on in Scott/Charlie/Frank's heads).

The rumor (according to Wikipedia - and we all know how accurate THAT source can be at times) is that the announcement will be made on the 20th. Whenever it happens, I'll be waiting to hear the word, and will give whoever the band picks a fair shake.</soapbox>