ITT we briefly review the game we're currently playing

Undying is fucking godlike.

You know what? I'm gonna install that fucker. I haven't played it in YEARS.

Definitely the creepiest FPS ever.

Nah, it's not shit. It's a love-it-or-hate-it game. I loved it, others hated it.

It was shit. It was blocky and dull. Several elements of it were quite cool, but when you can really only explore them using a horrible control system and turgid movement they quickly become boring.

Definitely hated it.

Age of Conan

Review: I'm digging it. Pretty hellish on the resources at the moment though, though they've been rolling patches out quick since its getting real close to release.

how can you review a game that is not released???

You should mention Age of Conan BETA

Command & Conquer: Kane's Wrath. Been playing the series since its inception way back when. Doesn't mean I'm any good at it. I get owned online in 5 min or less :(

The game itself is fun. It will surely hold me over until Starcraft II.

how can you review a game that is not released???

You should mention Age of Conan BETA

Lol, look at gamespot and IGN some days... their reviews almost seem like they don't even play the games anymore and just annotate whatever MS/Sony tell them to say.

Command & Conquer: Kane's Wrath. Been playing the series since its inception way back when. Doesn't mean I'm any good at it. I get owned online in 5 min or less :(
I played C&C3, Single Player, and I found it way too easy. As long as you weather the enemy's initial attacks, it's simply a matter of building a few Mammoth tanks and setting them up in a chokepoint so those stupid Nod idiots can get shredded without your units taking any serious damage.

Lol, look at gamespot and IGN some days... their reviews almost seem like they don't even play the games anymore and just annotate whatever MS/Sony tell them to say.

now that's something we can agree on.

10/10 for GTA IV on both IGN and Gamespot??? Smells like money was thrown in there somewhere.

edit: The game is good, but it's way overrated IMO, especially when the concept has been done and done again.

The game itself is fun. It will surely hold me over until Starcraft II.

oh yeah i forgot that was out. I'm gonna have to get my hands on it.

now that's something we can agree on.

10/10 for GTA IV on both IGN and Gamespot??? Smells like money was thrown in there somewhere.

edit: The game is good, but it's way overrated IMO, especially when the concept has been done and done again.

and pretty much most other reviewers are giving it extremely high scores as well... you take a working concept and improve on it. ;)

It's been too well reviewed in my opinion, too. It's good but lots of it could have been better. They gameplay relies on the storyline, which is admittedly quite good, to patch up how repetitive it is.

I'm replaying Heroes of Might and Magic V right now. Never played the ones before it, except III briefly, so I don't care whether the ones before were so good they could never be topped or not. It's a pretty fun game, nice comical graphics and semi-serious dialogue, but the AI annoys the Hell out of me. From the second scenario onwards, the AI starts cheating by suddenly spawning enormous armies that you simply can't win against unless you've done the map so far in the exact step-by-step way the developers expected you to. What makes it worse is that you'll need to restart a map several times from scratch to figure out how to play a map right. This really shouldn't be. But apart from that, it's a lot of fun, and it offers HOURS of enjoyment.