I've found Blackwater Park!!!

Nov 13, 2001
Visit site
Once upon a time (yeah). It was a hot summer day and I took a long walk. Plenty beautiful landscapes (I love them) and such a addictive laziness in the hot air. I was really tired walking back home through meadows. And then… I turned on my walkman with Blackwater Park…
It was the Drappery Falls and Dirge for November. You don’t have the fucking idea how much that music corresponded to my walk and to the surroundings and to that laziness and melancholy of that summer day. Especially the end of the Dirge. I entered the forest path walking near the forgotten ruins of the old castle and I was blown away with Funeral Portrait. I and that walk and the whole universe was totally at one with that music. I don’t think I’ll be ever able to repeat this kind of experience. I am listening to music outdoors whenever I can but I’ve never felt like THAT before or after that day. That’s way BP is ma fav Opeth album.

yeah i love walking with music, i had a simillar experience listening to BMD by Katatonia a few months ago, before i realised it i had listened to it on repeat maybe 3-4 times. i love walking whilst listening to music, last year i was lucky, i had 2 free lessons in the morning from college, so i used to walk to the nearby field and walk around it for 2 lessons (2 hours) or just ly down.

anyway welcome to the board, and opeth are great :D

Well I have to disagree with you people, skiing to Opeth. More like snowboarding to Opeth, now that´s something I´m going to try. Although it won´t be such a great blast because the slopes are so short damn it, I can problably go two rounds: up-down up-down with one song :)

"Well I have to disagree with you people, skiing to Opeth. More like snowboarding to Opeth, now that´s something I´m going to try."

Thats a grand idea indeed. I love snowboarding!:D Couldn't imagine how insanly killer that would be. Mabye i'll try next time I go.(Winters coming around):cool:Gotta try Holiday Valley this year!:)

Snowboarding and skiing to Opeth - if I did either, that would be cool (I do cross-country ski - that would work). But, I live with Opeth everyday - can't get much better than that!

Yeah, really. Skiing or snowboarding...what the point was, is sliding rather quickly over snowing while listening to Opeth. What a trip. I can't wait till the slopes get covered better. I hear they have some making it way up on some huge mountains like in Vermont or New Hampshire, but I'm waiting. Less ice then. I fucking hate ice. :bah:

I will go skiing anywhere in New England, _Transparent_ because I just started doing it and I went on a vaca last year to Colorado and hit some big boys (30,000 ft Copper Mt.) :loco: and I abso-fucking-lutely love it.

Suggestions? I've gone to Okemo, Killington and Stowe so far up my way. I want to go at least 5 times this winter and it'd be really sweet if they were all different places. :p

"We survey the slooooooooopes." :heh:

Originally posted by Opet

Suggestions? I've gone to Okemo, Killington and Stowe so far up my way. I want to go at least 5 times this winter and it'd be really sweet if they were all different places. :p

"We survey the slooooooooopes." :heh:

North of Montreal are some nice slopes - although I have no idea of the names - I've just gone past them in the winter.

I've stayed at Stratton before, and it looked pretty good from a skiing standpoint.

what about paintballing to Opeth, running around, adrenaline rushing, and loads of killing :heh:

Hahaha, yeah right. It'll be one of those acoustic parts and all quiet and <<POW>> "I'm hit! MEDIC!"

I think Opeth music would go well with just about anything for fans. I've noticed a trend here. Back to skiing, I've always thought that Iron Maiden would be killer to ski to. "RUN TO THE HILLS....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE."

:headbang:

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Snowboarding and skiing to Opeth - if I did either, that would be cool (I do cross-country ski - that would work). But, I live with Opeth everyday - can't get much better than that!

Well I have have to agree with this though. The cross-country skiing thing is a good idea. Where I snowboard I can see the cross-country ski tracks because they are around the mountain and the landscape is awesome, and this sport is most physically challanging sport in the world. For some reason I think that skiing your ass of (literally) in the most beautiful landscpe while listening to opeth is a very satisfying experience.

Originally posted by extensive desolation
Once upon a time (yeah). It was a hot summer day and I took a long walk. Plenty beautiful landscapes (I love them) and such a addictive laziness in the hot air. I was really tired walking back home through meadows. And then… I turned on my walkman with Blackwater Park…
It was the Drappery Falls and Dirge for November. You don’t have the fucking idea how much that music corresponded to my walk and to the surroundings and to that laziness and melancholy of that summer day. Especially the end of the Dirge. I entered the forest path walking near the forgotten ruins of the old castle and I was blown away with Funeral Portrait. I and that walk and the whole universe was totally at one with that music. I don’t think I’ll be ever able to repeat this kind of experience. I am listening to music outdoors whenever I can but I’ve never felt like THAT before or after that day. That’s way BP is ma fav Opeth album.

Beautiful