Jan/Feb 2007 Info on clubs, tickets, times for Destruction/IE tour

I will. The time is reserved in my mind. I just need to know by sometime early to mid "day of the show". I have a 2 hour drive to get there, and then I have to find the place.

Maybe they should consider places in Tucson!!

ack

So, as is my understanding, and has been for some months since the Destruction tour was announced, IE is finally coming back to El Paso after a 6 year and 3 album absence (they played here touring on their self titled album).

Anyway, I have the venue Chic's Bar on my friend's list, but on their calendar of events, the Destruction show doesn't list Into Eternity on the bill.

However, I did see the flyer the put up about this particular show, which has IE proudly on the bill!

I'm gonna do all I can to hound the promoter about this little snafu.

Anyway, if anyone else can get me a confirmation on the status of IE and if they've been on schedule on their shows as they traverse the Southwestern U.S., I would be much obliged.

The Chic's show is $15 bucks. No problem there.

I did however thoroughly read the thread about IE's cop out in North Carolina was it?

They said that venue was a shithole......

Well I'm worried, not totally, but somewhat. Chic's isn't exactly the Venue of Scottsdale (The Cajun House/Cajun Club) which is gorgeous. But it's not exactly the Mason Jar in Phoenix Arizona, which to me symbolized a bigger death trap and fire hazard when I've seen Death play there, and when I saw Arch Enemy, Hate Eternal, and the Black Dahlia Murder (actually 3/5 of the original members) play there.

I think IE should consider the Cajun House aka Venue of Scottsdale or the Mason Jar for the still to be determined show in Phoenix. However, Chic's Bar, in comparison to the Mason Jar, is more ample, they have nifty difty lights, a nice little bar, it's more like a bar with an addition to the back.

Pretty good size, well ventilated, some windows, except the sound system is what I'm worried about. It's really good, but the last time I was there, seeing Unearth, it sounded like they fucked up the sound system. Hopefully they got it fixed.

I live fairly close to Chic's and I'm off from school the day after Valentine's Day, so I can give an early report about the go or NO GO of the show that day.

I wonder if I'm the only EL PASO IE fan on here.

I know my friend, his brother, and his sister in law are all big fans of IE too, though a bit purist. Anyway, only the sister in law and I are definitely going.

Either way, I'm there. Just hope the club doesn't fuck me over or anything.

But if anyone can give me confirmation on Chic's from their sources, I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the flyer for the show.

Hopefully it's not too small.

The last band in the really unintelligible EVIL SWEDISH DEATH METAL font is Reign of Terror. I really don't care much for the local bands. They do try very hard, but it's all about IE that night!

IntoEternityflyer.jpg

I totally agree with Marlies. I have been to many a shithole club, but only once have I ever gone to one with messed up power like how the NC club appeared to be. Many shitholes have lots of touring bands like the ones you named and they play anyway. Being that those bands HAVE been able to play in the past, I can pretty much be sure that the power is fine there. At least it's a real venue! I would not worry about any of the rest of the clubs on this tour, as I know the rest are more reputable and some of the bands I help have played at them.

So what are you actually wondering about the club? If Into Eternity is really on the bill or that the show is actually schedule or what exactly?

Please don't worry and have a great time!!!

I totally agree with Marlies. I have been to many a shithole club, but only once have I ever gone to one with messed up power like how the NC club appeared to be. Many shitholes have lots of touring bands like the ones you named and they play anyway. Being that those bands HAVE been able to play in the past, I can pretty much be sure that the power is fine there. At least it's a real venue! I would not worry about any of the rest of the clubs on this tour, as I know the rest are more reputable and some of the bands I help have played at them.

So what are you actually wondering about the club? If Into Eternity is really on the bill or that the show is actually schedule or what exactly?

Please don't worry and have a great time!!!

Yeah I'm wondering if IE is on the bill, because on the Chic's Bar calendar they're not on the list of bands after Destruction. They might have just been lazy and not written everything out.

I'm also worried about the sound system driving the band away, but hopefully the owner fixes the problem.

They've had shitloads of shows ever since.

Just a little pre-show paranoia!

the Milestone Club in Charlotte has had 1,000's of bands play there. It has been in business for many, many years. IE played in Winston Salem, at Ziggy's, which is just as much of a deathtrap as the Milestone. Ahh, why do I bother:erk:

Well if it helps to ease your mind, at least 1/2 of thw clubs on this tour did NOT list Into Eternity because they were added so last minute. Most clubs either didn't care to change it, didn't know because they don't read their emails, or they wanted to still have Sadus listed. Don't worry, Destruction can't exactly play without them - they're on the same tour bus! LOL

And the sound... really, don't worry. It is very, very rare that I see such a problem occur. No worrying allowed!!!

Well if it helps to ease your mind, at least 1/2 of thw clubs on this tour did NOT list Into Eternity because they were added so last minute. Most clubs either didn't care to change it, didn't know because they don't read their emails, or they wanted to still have Sadus listed. Don't worry, Destruction can't exactly play without them - they're on the same tour bus! LOL

And the sound... really, don't worry. It is very, very rare that I see such a problem occur. No worrying allowed!!!

Cool!

So you're a metal photographer?

Are you swinging by Chic's or is the good ol' Southwest too far off for ya?