Joey's got a secret new fan!

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
Within Anthrax, do you have a favourite band member to work with? Is there anyone you think brings the most to the band with you?

Joey (Belladonna) for sure. I think he kind of proved it, coming back to the band after all these years and singing on his first record with us at 21-years-old and giving a performance above and beyond anything I’ve ever heard in my life. For me, it’s an honour and privilege to get to work with that guy everyday. He’s only got better with age and for singers that’s a really, really hard thing to do to maintain that muscle and be able to do that on a level that you were able to do in your twenties. Joey is better now than he was 25-years-ago and how that happens, I have no idea, but I’m just happy to be there and be part of it.

tumblr_lozk2tgEuD1qkacg3.gif

http://www.thenationalstudent.com/Features/2013-06-03/Interview__Scott_Ian.html

Funny how Scott's opinion changes over the years. Whatever, if they're all happy, I'm happy.

The fakest guy in the history of metal. Always says what sounds good at the time. Very hard to take anything Scott Ian says seriously

Shucks...brought tears to my eyes..Who wrote those beautiful lines? oh...Scott did...yep..he's manage to write Safe Home.

Joey's lawyers must have done a fucking great job three years ago. I wonder if talks like this one is actually a part of the contract?

Let it go, guys :lol:

If the current lineup is happy, I'm happy for them

On a side note, Scott is missing out on some really great hip-hop if he hasn't listened since the early 90's. The underground is where its at rather than the stuff in the mainstream he's describing.

On a side note, Scott is missing out on some really great hip-hop if he hasn't listened since the early 90's. The underground is where its at rather than the stuff in the mainstream he's describing.

I guess I'm on the same page as Scott here. I listened to acts such as Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, Ice-T in the nineties. Now I really have troubles to find a decent "old school hip hop" act. The mainstream thing just makes me throw up shit all the time. So if you have any recommendations, please go ahead :)

I knew there was a shitstorm on the horizon but I decided to post anyway. I totally get being cynical, but it could be just the fact that Joey proved Scott wrong, and he's eating some humble pie like a man. It's up to you what to believe, but I'd rather see the positive side on this one. It's not that common with Anthrax that there even is a positive side!

What about all of the John bush era fans that said bringing Joey back was a bad move?

Will you all eat a crow? Or do you still think is was a bad move?

What about all of the John bush era fans that said bringing Joey back was a bad move?

I never said that. I still thought it was a bad idea. For a business move, great idea. For artistic reasons, and for the way they had moved, bad idea. Don Nelson was a horrible idea. If John would have said yes after that debacle, this thread would be moot. Whether the Joey fans agree or not, he was #2. So be it. I prefer John.....maybe I am in the minority. I could give a shit less.

But again, I would say Joey is a better singer now than he was in 1990.

I knew there was a shitstorm on the horizon but I decided to post anyway. I totally get being cynical, but it could be just the fact that Joey proved Scott wrong, and he's eating some humble pie like a man. It's up to you what to belie, but I'd rather see the positive side on this one. It's not that common with Anthrax that there even is a positive side!

This. Joey proved himself like a motherfucker on worship music. I'm a huge John Bush fan. I can't imagine anyone singing on WM with as much authority as chief big wig. John Bush said it himself years go when Belladonna rejoined. Joey deserves and needs to be in Anthrax. He sounds better than ever. I'm sure Scott knew the cynics would come out in full forces when he complimented Joey in this interview. But he said it anyway becaus it's what needed to be said.

It's not anyone's fault that the "troo metalheads" couldn't stomach a little different singer. I still think even WM would have been a lot better with John Bush singing, while I agree it wouldn't have probably sold that much copies.

quote=johnnieCzech;10641572]It's not anyone's fault that the "troo metalheads" couldn't stomach a little different singer. I still think even WM would have been a lot better with John Bush singing, while I agree it wouldn't have probably sold that much copies.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. I have NO animosity towards Joey....and think he is a great singer...but I prefer Bush....preferably shaved.