Just visited the sevenstring.org forum for the first time...

I got banned for a month for posting this:

1340850457620.png

Fair enough if that's over the top, however a quick word with me and a discrete post edit would have been enough to realise I was joking about and it's a thing, not 'a failed attempt at humor'. Certainly not something severe enough to say 'one more time and you're gone forever'. It wouldn't surprise me if this post is enough to get me a permaban though, go figure.

I posted a for sale thread once and forgot to use the right format. When they deleted my thread, I fixed it and reposted it in the exact proper format. They deleted it again and banned me for a month for fixing it... "when a moderator deletes your thread, do not immediately repost it." I was also banned another time for something similar that I can't remember involving the classifieds section. So from now on I will never ever buy or sell a piece of gear at sevenstring.org. And hell, thats probably the ONLY valuable part of that entire forum.

I mean that not it even matters anymore because now they have that rule where you have to be an actively contributing member of arguably the most misguided guitar/gear/metal forum on the internet (with arguably the worst moderation of all time) in order to be allowed to use the classifieds section.

I posted a for sale thread once and forgot to use the right format. When they deleted my thread, I fixed it and reposted it in the exact proper format. They deleted it again and banned me for a month for fixing it... "when a moderator deletes your thread, do not immediately repost it." I was also banned another time for something similar that I can't remember involving the classifieds section. So from now on I will never ever buy or sell a piece of gear at sevenstring.org. And hell, thats probably the ONLY valuable part of that entire forum.

I mean that not it even matters anymore because now they have that rule where you have to be an actively contributing member of arguably the most misguided guitar/gear/metal forum on the internet (with arguably the worst moderation of all time) in order to be allowed to use the classifieds section.

I had almost the same thing. Someone started a thread asking for a "trash metal" guitar sound.:puke: I posted the first comment, letting him know (politely) that it's 'thrash', not "trash". I checked the thread, a couple of hours later, and couldn't see my comment. Assuming that I had forgotten to press 'post', I retyped it and posted it. I immediately got the message "when a moderator deletes your post, do not immediately repost it", and I was banned for a week. No warning was given that my first post had been deleted.

I haven't been back since; I'm too put off by bastard mods. Hail the Sneap forum.:kickass:

Not many AEs recording live drums/cabs on that forum...

Are you fucking kidding me? Look around son! There aren't that many here any more either! :lol: It's not a dedicated AE forum like this is. It just has a sub-forum for people to post their ideas, and unfortunately the use of 7 string guitars has gravitated to *those* types of guitarists in recent times. I don't think anybody who posts up their djent clips are professing to make a career out of it.

That being said, I personally don't post there any more besides the odd thing here and there, like Harry. I used to spend my life there but, I don't know, times move on, you fall out of love with a place just like IRL. I think it got over-populated and some of the newcomers weren't very respectful of the history of the place, and it just started to cheapen what I liked about it.

I do find it funny, though, that I once said something untoward in a thread about ss.org started on here, and some prick tried to pull me up on it in a totally unrelated matter. Like you're not allowed to express your opinion about a forum from another forum? I wasn't aware the internet functioned on the same loyalty protocols as gang-warfare.

This forum amazes the hell out of me. Being banned for reposting correctly a thread, or reposting a post without getting the info it was deleted... How can people there still accept mods like this ?

This forum amazes the hell out of me. Being banned for reposting correctly a thread, or reposting a post without getting the info it was deleted... How can people there still accept mods like this ?

They have no choice. So they come here, start this thread. State the truth and move on.

Fucking SS.org seems like mostly a bunch of HURR DURR to me. Faping to the idea of horrible guitar sounds and fake drums. :puke:

They also seem to have no humor, and who the fuck want to hang around a bunch of stoic ass hats when the internet has so much other outlets for discussion that don't include idiot moderators that enforece rules that serve nothing more than to boost thier stupid knuckle dragging egos.

Hang out on that forum if you like, I just couldn't understand (the few times I could stomach the stupidity) why anyone would want to.

What a stupid forum probably moderated by big cunts so frustrated because they leak fat oil on their strings and can't play a single note in tune. lol SS

^Haha Stealth

I have a bit over 2k posts there, I used to love it but I have noticed a decline in general.

I go there a lot for the guitar pr0n honestly.
Because all you guys post is pics of ugly circuit boards and knobs and compact dics, and magnets in boxes and shit.

I go there a lot for the guitar pr0n honestly.
Because all you guys post is pics of ugly circuit boards and knobs and compact dics, and magnets in boxes and shit.

Hahahahah I gotta be honest this comment made me laugh pretty hard. I'm not into the kinds of guitars they like over there, but I know what you mean about there being no love for high end guitars over here.

is it just me or is SSO just a forum full of pricks that take everything to seriously, and mods that like screwing with the lower ranking users, I actually just posted my offical "FUCK YOU SSO that was the last straw please permaban me" After getting shit for mental conditions i have, and getting shit for mispelling insignificant words by grammar nazis, Or getting told by a mod to make your classifieds post shorter, and after doing so getting banned by the SAME mod you just talked to "reason for banning: It seemed like the right thing to do" WFT IS THAT SHIT, after that i came back, made a thread about the bs i went through, and the sso mods closed it and deleted the thread...(my guess is so no one would know it was there)

so i made the said "fuck you" thread....

oh yea....and the fact that its all DJENT DJENT DJENT FUCKING DJENT, and if you dont want to djent you suck and were gonna make fun of you based team ups and shit....and the un warranted bans....the entire site is a joke

YAY FIRST POST :D

lol, the mods over there just NOW banned me after my fuck SSO thread being in the top of SSO's off topic section for 6 hours....only took them 6 hours....their mods seem like they are a little slow....although Mesh (aka DjPharoah, an SSO mod) is genuinely a cool dude, i honestly wish he would jump ship. I think he was one of the original SSO'ers too

lol, the mods over there just NOW banned me after my fuck SSO thread being in the top of SSO's off topic section for 6 hours....only took them 6 hours....their mods seem like they are a little slow....although Mesh (aka DjPharoah, an SSO mod) is genuinely a cool dude, i honestly wish he would jump ship. I think he was one of the original SSO'ers too

lol this is coming from the retarded deathcore kid? I should link some of your posts, they were fucking hilarious.

Have you started working out btw? I remember you being a pretty fat shit!