Kamelot appreciation thread!

ThXinc

Uber Metal
In order to get my \m/ -face on in a most righteous manner, I've been collecting all recordings from this years' PPV. I was unfamiliar with Kamelot until just about 3 weeks ago. I've since acquired all their releases and I have to ask myself...When does it stop??!! Are there any bands that suck that are going to be there?! LOL! Has anyone seen them live before? Are they half as good on stage as they sound on CD? PP is clearly bordering on greatness of epic proportions when bands such as Kamelot, Brainstorm, Adagio, Edguy, and Dreamscape are getting booked. Not to mention mixing in a little old school and a little over-the-top Prog in PoS. I can't wait for this!! I've got my reservations in the Fairfield but still need some Plane tix. ALl the bands I'm falling in love with are making these shows. Last year was Vanden Plas and Pagans Mind. I couldn't ask for a more perfect event to suit my musical desires and tastes. Thanks Glenn.

Anyway, back on topic....Kamelot...greatness or what?!

ThXinc said:
In order to get my \m/ -face on in a most righteous manner, I've been collecting all recordings from this years' PPV. I was unfamiliar with Kamelot until just about 3 weeks ago. I've since acquired all their releases and I have to ask myself...When does it stop??!! Are there any bands that suck that are going to be there?! LOL! Has anyone seen them live before? Are they half as good on stage as they sound on CD? PP is clearly bordering on greatness of epic proportions when bands such as Kamelot, Brainstorm, Adagio, Edguy, and Dreamscape are getting booked. Not to mention mixing in a little old school and a little over-the-top Prog in PoS. I can't wait for this!! I've got my reservations in the Fairfield but still need some Plane tix. ALl the bands I'm falling in love with are making these shows. Last year was Vanden Plas and Pagans Mind. I couldn't ask for a more perfect event to suit my musical desires and tastes. Thanks Glenn.

Anyway, back on topic....Kamelot...greatness or what?!
I have always said this, and will continue until another band blows me away: Kamelot was the absolute best live show I have ever seen!!! (referring to their PP 2 performance). Khan, imo, is the best metal singer in the world!!!

As for the lineup, you are not kidding; this could quite possibly be the best lineup i have ever seen!!! That is saying alot considering who played at PP2. I never thought Glenn could top the PP 2 lineup, however, sometimes more of the great smaller bands like Adagio, Dreamscape, Wuthering Heights, etc.. make up for the one or two bigger names. With this year's lineup, I will have no time to eat, buy cd's, or take a piss for that matter unless I do so before or after the show!

There's a video of Into Eternity floating around the net. Go looking for it. It's awesome. It's a local Canadian TV show interviewing them, and they show footage of them live in a little club... DAMN that club is too small to hold these guys, and it proves that they're gonna WAIL on our heads at PP5.

Kamelot has a live album out, called The Expedition. THAT is a great sampler of what to expect this year.

The only crappy band will be Glenn's accordion rendition of the Ukrainian national anthem, speed metal style.

Okay I'm lying.

It kicks ass too.

:headbang:

Kamelot definately rules! The only other band that makes me shiver is Sonata Arctica from Finland. I saw Kamelot at PP2 and they along with SX were the best.

KAMELOTica!