Kamelot & Epica Tour

THE EAST COAST SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS (except that my mom is from NJ) but other than that, it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!

JK. I'm just jealous, I guess :cry:

Jaxx - September 19. Not on the calender but on the main page. My head almost exploded seeing the 2 beautiful band logos next to eachother, confirming a dream show come true. Cheers!

Bad Girl Tess said:
THE EAST COAST SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS (except that my mom is from NJ) but other than that, it SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!

JK. I'm just jealous, I guess :cry:
Bite me! :) I love New Yooooooork! :hotjump:

Ok for metal availabilty.:err:

This tour will happen. It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone as they have been touring buddies for quite a while now. I discussed the possiblity with both bands before Epica was confirmed.

If the main draw of the tour for you is Kamelot, then I cannot blame you for going to NYC. If Epica is the draw, I will say that you will get a longer set at PP.

It also depends on if you prefer a single evening format with two main bands at a lesser cost vs three days and 14 bands plus the "vacation" aspect of the festival. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Glenn

Harvester said:
If the main draw of the tour for you is Kamelot, then I cannot blame you for going to NYC. If Epica is the draw, I will say that you will get a longer set at PP.

It also depends on if you prefer a single evening format with two main bands at a lesser cost vs three days and 14 bands plus the "vacation" aspect of the festival. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Glenn

It's really mostly to do with timing and money more so than preference. I made a short reply for something that's really much more involved.
Also can't find anyone who can make the trip with me (or at least one who can know early than a month before the show) which really puts a damper on things. At this point, I'm thinking of waiting it out. Skip the initial sale of tickets and if things work out, pick them up from someone who ended up not being able to go. There's no way I can afford the 2nd show if I go to PP but I may not even be able to afford PP this year where as just the Kamelot/Epica show would be no problem. Also have to take some vacation time around the weekend following PP for a wedding out of town.

Petethedrummer said:
I GET TO SEE KAMELOT AGAIN! AND WITH SIMONE!!!!wooooooooooooooo
Absolultely! Kamelot will be great and I am totally looking forward to seeing Epica both at PP (nothing beats PP event) and again though in NYC. Actually this situation is something we do every year, at least one of the PP bands will hit New York, so fun to catch-up with the band a few days before or after PP and talk it up with them. This time it's 2 killer bands :worship: that BeyondEarCandy.com has been a band sponsor of at a PP show.

I am going to see both PPUSA and this tour. I was at the New York show and it was nearly full, so I dont think Jaxx is a good indicator. I will bet that New York is soldout.

Jase

Hmm, this tour probably won't come to Atlanta since Epica is playing ProgPower, so how about Kamelot on Wednesday, Preparty on Thursday, and ProgPower on Friday and Saturday? Simone could sing with Kamelot still because it's not like Epica would be making their debut at that show. It would still be at ProgPower. That would so amazing!

kamelotica said:
I am going to see both PPUSA and this tour. I was at the New York show and it was nearly full, so I dont think Jaxx is a good indicator. I will bet that New York is soldout.

OK, so we have two data points - one nearly full, and one about half full, in two of the three or four biggest power metal markets in the US. That wouldn't fill me with confidence - Sonata Arctica outdrew them at Jaxx by a hefty margin, so it might be interesting to see how they did at other dates on the tour. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Kamelot do well on this tour, I'm just concerned about their draw abilities.

Regardless, I'll go see them. Thom's still a bud, and they were quite good last time. :)