Kamelot & Epica Tour

Toronto was nearly full (couldn't take time off to make it to the NYC show). Quebec City was a festival so can't tell by that.

eaeolian said:
OK, so we have two data points - one nearly full, and one about half full, in two of the three or four biggest power metal markets in the US. That wouldn't fill me with confidence - Sonata Arctica outdrew them at Jaxx by a hefty margin, so it might be interesting to see how they did at other dates on the tour. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Kamelot do well on this tour, I'm just concerned about their draw abilities.

Regardless, I'll go see them. Thom's still a bud, and they were quite good last time. :)

toronto a main market for metal? The New York show was nearly full, not half. I would say 80% full, plus that is with Seven Witches as an opener and there werent many there to see them. I dont care if there are 200 or 1200...

Jase

Eaeolian wasn't talking about Toronto and NYC, but rather NYC and DC. The half full was in reference to DC (Jaxx) not NYC.

NYC and DC are 2 of the biggest markets for this genre. With Chicago and Cleveland being 2 others.

What he's saying is that in two of the biggest markets for this genre, they didn't do as well as other bands in the genre have. It's nothing to take offense to and has nothing to do with how much someone likes them or their talent - it's just numbers.

I agree with him. The indications seem to be that they can't pull enough on their own. It's just numbers.

kamelotica said:
toronto a main market for metal? The New York show was nearly full, not half. I would say 80% full, plus that is with Seven Witches as an opener and there werent many there to see them. I dont care if there are 200 or 1200...

Jase

In Canada, Toronto is a main market for metal. Just as Montreal & Vancouver are. Hell, they're practically the only markets and the stops that most bands make regularly while touring North America.

CLEVELAND PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!I couldnt drive to Toronto on their last tour plus having Epica will be very nice, Simone and Khan on the same stage!

SwordLord said:
Just got off the phone with the agent ... looks like it's going to be very early in October, possibly Sunday, Oct 1 ... I'm still waiting ... was supposed to know by now ... argh, I'm dying to announce this show!

God, I love Power Metal! :loco:

Hell yeah Nathan. I'd love to come back up to your neck of the woods for another show. Hope it works out!

I saw Epica and Kamelot performing in Belgium, and I must say that I was pretty dissappointed by Kamelot... Their performance was boring! (which suprised me). Luckily Epica played a 'yummie' set!
But, the american tour, is that one official... There is no sign of it on the epica site, and the man who was busy planning those guys didn't tell me anything...
more information?