Kamelot - The Black Halo

First Kamelot (other than the pre-siege perilous stuff) that i haven't bought. My promo copy was enough.

The correct order for Kamelot albums in terms of ass-kicking:
Forurth Legacy
Black Halo
Epica

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

goth_fiend said:
that one would be killer to play in a live environment, you wouldnt happen to freqent the kamelot boards as well would you? me and my friends(kinda band thingy) are trying to learn forever and karma (which I might add is amazing as well!) as well as the elizabeth trilogy...wish us luck!
Yeah, I actually joined not too long ago.

Kamelot is AMAZING. They write such strong stories with their records. Kahn has such a beautiful voice (If we didn't already know this by Conception). The fast songs are crushing and their ballads are mind shattering. Seeing them at Progpower V was a concert highlight for me, and they are playing in VA THIS THURSDAY!! Seven Witches are playing as well, along with local gems Odin's Court and Winterfell (haven't seen them yet but they look/sound great!). I'm hoping to hear a good amount from Black Halo seeing last time around the album was just being finished recorded. What a show this is going to be!

I was watching the music videos for the Haunting and March of Mephisto. Will somebody tell the director of the videos NOT TO KEEP CUTTING OUT THE GUITAR SOLOS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BlackenedDawn, thanks so much for the kind words. We're looking forward to it! See ya there Pharoah. :)

IT'S GONNA ROCK!!!!

Make sure anyone who is there comes up and says "hi". I'm Matt, the singer/guitarist from the band.

I happen to like Karma a lot more than The Black Halo, but I won't dare compare the latter to Epica since they're part of one concept, right? As far as the latest opus goes, it is surprisingly solid. My fave tracks are "Memento Mori" and "Serenade" (anyone have the Japanese release of this album? there's a bonus track in there entitled "Epilogue" :D ).

That said, I have a profound liking for this band too.

I just ordered my second copy of the black halo, but it came with a "little" bonus......

BEHOLD!!!!!

signed2.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I saw u with that on the Kam forum. You should've put that pic you put on there. That pic was badass. Good for you though.

I checked them out awhile back and saw that video featuring Shargroth..to tell you the truth, I thought that song was kind of bland and didn't really pursue getting into them any further...was that just a misleading track and if so, what are some good songs to look for?

Noble Viking said:
I checked them out awhile back and saw that video featuring Shargroth..to tell you the truth, I thought that song was kind of bland and didn't really pursue getting into them any further...was that just a misleading track and if so, what are some good songs to look for?

the march of mephisto is definantly one of my least favorite songs on the black halo, you should check out serenade, karma, III ways to epica, or the elizabeth trilogy, those are amazing songs.

Noble Viking said:

Noble, see if you can get When the Lights are Down or The Haunting.

We're all so excited!! I can't wait either. I'm gonna get some amazing pics, and yes, I will put some of them up here.