Kansas City Power Metal Fest - date and first 3 bands announced

BEFORE THEY PLAYED. There is an alley way behind the venue where the bands park their busses. My friends were cutting through the alley to get to the front door to get in and they saw Warrel being carried in before Evergrey even played so I guess to help sober him up or something.

I said it before. The one time I saw NM live, I thought they were terrible. As much as I like some NM, I have since not exactly jumped at the chance to see them again. (Not saying I never will, just not worried if I ever miss them)

I've seen NM quite a few times and they have been awesome each time. I believe with Warrell's health condition, I don't believe he drinks anymore.

I've seen NM quite a few times and they have been awesome each time. I believe with Warrell's health condition, I don't believe he drinks anymore.

See thats what I thought. I am saw them on the Dummy Burger tour as well about 3 years previous and they were AMAZING!!! So maybe he should stick to drinking :p. j/k

Some other bands regionally....Silencer from Colorado is pretty good, they played here in KC once at Niener's and The Kill if they still exist from Oklahoma are ex-Forte, but not sure how to reach them. Heard some of their stuff and it was pretty good. Ignitor from Austni TX if they gotten a new vocalist would be good too.

You could always try to find an older KC band to do a reunion show too, like say Psycho, Possession (sounds a bit like King Diamond), Embryo Chrysalis (kinda like Rush for prog power type fans) or others. It would be cool to see some old school local band do a show again too.

It would be sweet if Meyvn could get booked for this as well or perhaps Cellador if they can get a guitar player. Sacred Dawn or Twelfth Gate from Chi-town. I dont know what Mirror Black is doing, but they were sweet at Powerfest 06. Speaking of 06, WHERE THE FUCK IS GRACEPOINT??!?!? I just remebered them, wanna talk about surprises WOW!!

I didnt think Nevermore was that bad, but yeah Warrel was fucked up on something. Evergrey's performance was the finest 30 minutes of live music that I have ever seen in Lawrence.

No, the other guys in the band sounded great, but it was obvious that they were pissed at Warrel. He ran into Loomis & Loomis pushed him, then when Warrel got too close to the drum kit Van threw his hands up in the air (with sticks) to warn him. You could tell they were all furious.

But anyway, back on topic...no new news yet! I'm waiting to hear back from someone before I make anymore announcements... :heh:

as we wait for announcements, I'll go back to Nevermore lol

Warrel used to drink ALOT.. ALLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT. Little did he know, he's diabetic. He found this out when he was hospitalized and ALMOST DIED. Warrel stopped drinking (at least the amount that he used to), as did Jim. Jeff, on the other hand, still does. I think Van does, too, but since he now has a kid, I'd put money up in assuming that he doesn't drink as much anymore.

I have bootlegs of pre-sober concerts and he does sound awful at times. Then again, I have bootlegs that he sounds perfectly fine. Of the 4 shows I saw in 2003, I'd say that he sounded GOOD at 1, and ALRIGHT at 3. He sounds alot better NOW, obviously.

It would be sweet if Meyvn could get booked for this as well or perhaps Cellador if they can get a guitar player. Sacred Dawn or Twelfth Gate from Chi-town. I dont know what Mirror Black is doing, but they were sweet at Powerfest 06. Speaking of 06, WHERE THE FUCK IS GRACEPOINT??!?!? I just remebered them, wanna talk about surprises WOW!!

We probably won't be playing any shows for awhile (although we'd love to) because we do not have a permanent drummer. Currently we are woodshedding for the guitar and bass tracks for the new CD (working with Neil Kernon at Rax Trax in Chicago). Got the drum tracks done (with our old drummer, Lance) but still have guitars, bass, leads, vocals, mixing, mastering... Lotsa work to do! Thanks for the kind words, though! Oh, and if you know a drummer...

.j.

Guitar - Gracepoint