Kata- Fanbase? =O!

You're right. I guess I should step down and give you your 'should' rights back. After all, I should realize I've overstepped my boundaries on the 'should' matter. Should this 'should' episode happen again, you should please tell me with all speed. I should reconsider my tasks as forum asshole, and should I breach anything else, it would be great, should you tell me so, so I may adjust my ways. I should end this post now.

:D

interesting suggestions in this thread. i think katatonia is perfect the way they are. i think their music is a little too honest and intimate (for lack of a better word) to add orchestration to. the most i could see adding, without it getting too grandiose and pretentious, is a subtle string quartest in the background.

Really, they don't need an orchestra. Not unless they wanted to go in a whole new direction, which is a decision that I would respect as a musician. But adding orchestrations, especially synth type stuff just isn't needed in their current style. I don't think it would increase their fanbase, and it would make them sound more generic.

Having said that, I loved Future of Speech, but I don't think every Katatonia song needs to go that direction.

protocolnone said:
Who cares about commercial and not being commercial..
the fact of the matter is, is that I dont think they're "rolling in dough" , what ever could help there career (without selling themselves out) would be in their best interest..

I heard Opeth in Best Buy in the states - are they commercial now ?
no sarcasm intended.

I've seen Orchid in a couple Best Buy stores, beside Damnation, BWP, Deliverance. I was pretty surprised.