kATATONIA SOUND

shark22

RuffRyda
Oct 18, 2004
Hey everyone. I am an Opeth fan and I know that the bands are friends. Is their music similar sounding?

Opeth and Katatonia do not have the same sound...Åkerfeldt sang the growl on Brave Murder Day though.

Katatonia has a more gotich rock/metal sound after Brave Murder Day

They may not be very similar, but they both make great melancholic music. And it seems like a lot of people that like Opeth also like Katatonia.

lets put it this way, im an opeth fan, and i recently listned to katatonia for the first time, i fell in love instantly.

exactly ^ Although they have different styles, there are some of the same elements that opeth fans will be able to enjoy

I would have to say that whilst they're on about the same level, Katatonia is better. Only because when I listen to Opeth it all seems to blend into one song. I can never tell when the songs change (I guess I might just be dumb). Katatonia, on the other hand, has the same flow but each song still has it's own distinct sound.

All our visions about music are subjective. I wouldn't say that Katatonia is better, 'cause you've already said that bands are different. Trying to compare them you are wasting your time. But it's great that they are different. Would you like Opeth sounds like Katatonia? I think the answer is no. I hope it is. No one forbid you to be a fan of both.

Svartklädd said:
All our visions about music are subjective. I wouldn't say that Katatonia is better, 'cause you've already said that bands are different. Trying to compare them you are wasting your time. But it's great that they are different. Would you like Opeth sounds like Katatonia? I think the answer is no. I hope it is. No one forbid you to be a fan of both.

I agree, they are too different to compare. Im not really an opeth fan, but i sure am a Katatonia fan!