Katatonia vs. Anathema

Pick One:

• Total voters
Hmm, well I'd take this poll as *somewhat* skewed just because people were voting Katatonia since the person above them had already voted likewise. Friggin' sheep. :loco:

No backing arguments = vote not counted. :heh:

With that said, I would vote Katatonia too. :loco: :kickass: :loco: And yet, with that said, Anathema's Serenades is better than anything Katatonia has ever done, but Katatonia are the more consistent of the two (not in style obviously, but in solid albums).

The way I see it, the world only needs one Radiohead. :tickled:

Damn, this is hard...I'm tempted to go with Anathema for being more diverse and just as emotionally compelling, but Katatonia has just as good a track record, their heavier material is better than that of Anathema and I prtefer their often cryptic lyrics to Anathema's more direct ones, and that guitar sound I'm a complete sucker for...so the latter wins out.

Katatonia vastly surpasses Anathema in my opinion. While Viva Emptiness wasnt my favorite, I liked it better than the last Anathema. First 3 Katatonia albums are great doom creations.

Anathema's last release needs more than one listen to get into... it has some GREAT tracks. Pulled Under..., A Natural Disaster, and Flying are EXCELLENT. Also, Judgement and Alternative 4 are easily 2 of the greatest albums ever