Katatonia - Where does the darkness come from?

*sigh*
i guess my curiosity and yearning for the "answer" is so strong because, well, listening to Gateways of Bereavement.... (just as an example, all of their songs portray a darkness unmatched) i just have to know what's behind such anguish...... i've never heard music express something that powerful......
No, i'm not expecting a life story from Jonas or Anders....
Just.... AH
I want to know it so badly....
i'm currently making music with my best friend... and it just kinda reminds me of what Jonas and Anders must have felt like....
what inspired them ... what happened in their lives that ....
'A temple of guilt
Falling deep
my whithering soul
Let Me Die.......'

Okay Darth Vader...:rolleyes:

I usually ignore your mean and nasty comments,and this isn´t your worst one, but you are getting on my nerve .Maybe it´s because I had a bad day.. It´s not that I care for you , you´re just another negative thing in a world already filled with terrible things. I try to find positive and nice things in my life, its also one of the reasons that I go to this forum. People are nice here and when differ in certain points of view talk about that normally and even when a little pun is made here and there its all just in good harmony... but then Kitty has to ruin it.. Kitty thinks it so cool to say things that hurt people´s feelings, Kitty thinks everyone should be tough and a "real" man!I think Kitty is very lonely .. very fragile, very much hiding behind this bully face she put on... Please my dear , take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why you think being a bitch is something you want to strife for...

I usually ignore your mean and nasty comments,and this isn´t your worst one, but you are getting on my nerve .Maybe it´s because I had a bad day.. It´s not that I care for you , you´re just another negative thing in a world already filled with terrible things. I try to find positive and nice things in my life, its also one of the reasons that I go to this forum. People are nice here and when differ in certain points of view talk about that normally and even when a little pun is made here and there its all just in good harmony... but then Kitty has to ruin it.. Kitty thinks it so cool to say things that hurt people´s feelings, Kitty thinks everyone should be tough and a "real" man!I think Kitty is very lonely .. very fragile, very much hiding behind this bully face she put on... Please my dear , take a look in the mirror and ask yourself why you think being a bitch is something you want to strife for...

Gimmie a break, girly. The moron is speaking about how he was born very close to the dark side (and being totally serious, mind you) and I'm not supposed to think that's absolutely hilarious?! I mean c'mon, how cheesy can a guy get? I hope he doesn't talk like that in real life, because if I was at a party and some dude told me he was born very close to the dark side I would pour my drink down his pants, throw a couple of peanuts in there with it, and tell him to go grow some nuts.

kitty katatonia is a hell of a bitch

the darth vader comment however did make me laugh out loud i must admit

Gimmie a break, girly. The moron is speaking about how he was born very close to the dark side (and being totally serious, mind you) and I'm not supposed to think that's absolutely hilarious?! I mean c'mon, how cheesy can a guy get? I hope he doesn't talk like that in real life, because if I was at a party and some dude told me he was born very close to the dark side I would pour my drink down his pants, throw a couple of peanuts in there with it, and tell him to go grow some nuts.

You go! :kickass:

Darth vader comment was hilarious. :lol:

"Dark Side" my ass, seems like someone's hyping up their dull existence. :Smug:

I admit some of her remarks are rather funny and she has a nice feeling for sarcastic comedy.. but its coming from a girl that's bashing everyone all the time.She is extremely judgemental ... So that takes the humor out of it for me.. If any of you guys wouldv made the same darth vader remark we all would know it was a real joke and not a nasty sting at someone...

And Kitty this is to you, you're trying to defend why you say mean things, this only proves to me that you really are very very narrowminded...
Your way doesnt have to be everyone's way..
And please stop calling people names..

she's a cat

cats don't sleep

they actually have intercourse with the mice at night when no one's watchng =)

kittykatatonia would lose in a fight with anyone in here
thats why she has to make dull, half-witty remarks

hope you're able to sleep at night bitch

Lose in a fight? You challenging me to a fist-fight now? You mean to tell me you can't find any men who want to beat you up? I'm shocked.

And for the record, I sleep fine at night. Next to a real man...not a skinny over-emotional crybaby pansy like you.

Lose in a fight? You challenging me to a fist-fight now? You mean to tell me you can't find any men who want to beat you up? I'm shocked.

And for the record, I sleep fine at night. Next to a real man...not a skinny over-emotional crybaby pansy like you.

I got carried away

I think Kitty is a transexual bodybuilder named Glen or something, probably so aggresive because of too much steroids

Fist fuck, he will bend over for it ;)

That's it.The forum's totally fucked up.I am now leaving this forum as it's turned into complete bullshit as other forums.You can stay with Kitty the bitch here and talk about how tough you are all day long.maybe you must fuck as long as you are both tough.People are here to talk about music and what they feel about it.you both fist fuck each other and enjoy it.You aren't grown enough to respect somebody's feelings.One can be fragile or weak that's nothing to joke about.I believe that people like you are actually weak and you are in a way masturbating by coming here and insulting people.Go on with your tough metal party you narrow-minded pathetic metalheads.And seriously,get a life...

That's it.The forum's totally fucked up.I am now leaving this forum as it's turned into complete bullshit as other forums.You can stay with Kitty the bitch here and talk about how tough you are all day long.maybe you must fuck as long as you are both tough.People are here to talk about music and what they feel about it.you both fist fuck each other and enjoy it.You aren't grown enough to respect somebody's feelings.One can be fragile or weak that's nothing to joke about.I believe that people like you are actually weak and you are in a way masturbating by coming here and insulting people.Go on with your tough metal party you narrow-minded pathetic metalheads.And seriously,get a life...

It's all jokes coming from me, but maybe I took it too far.

Haha, you guys are taking this way to serious. Ok, KittyKatatonia is bitching all the time, but she is pretty good at it. Some of her posts in this thread made me laugh out loud.

To be on-topic: I agree with Swany, I'd rather keep it to my personal interpretation than to a full explanation of what the story behind the lyrics is. It's almost the same with learning a song on guitar, when you can play the entire song it just loses some of it's magic imo.

I hope things improve for you.

Katatonia makes great music, far beyond anything I have ever heard, its so different and creates such a bleak, dark, melancholic atmosphere but at the same time adds rays of light to that atmosphere, I feel as if I can relate to many of the songs and I feel as if many others can as well...even if not literally by the words but the message the words convey. Maybe I didn't describe what I feel so well, because its just that, unexplainable. What I think of when i'm listening to Katatonia, I see myself walking down an empty city street at night alone wondering what happened past years.