Anathema.

And.

Mercenary.
Lake Of Tears.
Type O Negative.
Dark Tranquility.
Novembers Doom.

And a Million more

I'm sorry I said that the Foo Fighters are gay. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I often forget that harsh opinions can be hurtful. Besides, Cold is probably waaaaay gayer than the Foo Fighters. Even though I've never heard of them. Are they a british pop band or something?

-Vince

Metallica
Katatonia
Soad
Rage against the machine
Nirvana

I like different kind of music..... it depends on my mood.... but mostly Met and Kata

There has been no change in the top 3 for the last 10 years, the top position has remained unchanged for 20 years now...

1 New Model Army
2 Opeth
3 Queen

Then the rest changes regularly. At the moment...

4 Anything Swanö related (cheating, I know, but the man is a genius)
5 Porcupine Tree

Katatonia are not far behind, they would almost certainly appear in my top 20. That may not sound like much, but that is actually very high praise considering the size of my music collection.

KING CRIMSON
TOOL
SLAYER
IRON MAIDEN
MOONTOWER/NIGHTINGALE AND LOTS OF SWANO PROJECTS

:cool: ...Then there are lots of bands that i like more than Katatonia, but yeh i like them a lot:cool:

A Stranger said:
put system of a down before katatonia? even after hearing "steal this album"? odd...

Heh, actually I think it's my favorite SOAD record at the moment. Didn't like it at first, but somehow it grew on me. Mesmerize got boring quite quickly and I just happened to have Steal This Album lying in my car. I gave it a couple of spins and it actually sounded quite refreshing, not so polished and calculated as Mesmerize.

And my "top band list" goes as follows:

1. Dark Tranquillity
2. At The Gates
3. Babylon Whores
4. Katatonia
5. Anathema

1 Katatonia
2 Porcupine tree
3 Isis
4 Team sleep
5 A Perfect Circle (not including emotive which is good but not top 5 good)

has anyone else heard team sleeps album yet? its surprizingly good. i thought at least.

1. Hypocrisy
2. Bloodbath
3. Edge of Sanity
4. Nile
5. Cannibal Corpse
6. Slumber
7. Opeth
8. Void of Silence
9. Cryptopsy
10. Autopsy
11. Ragnarok
12. Katatonia