Keep It True XII (2009)

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
l_440cec1eee9d48807ef315fc709b8e9d.jpg

It's a bit early but whatever.:)

From 2009 on KIT will only be held once a year and it'll be a full two-day festival like KIT X. So this November's KIT XI will be the last of its kind.

The bands confirmed for KIT XII so far:
LIZZY BORDEN (USA)
HITTMAN (USA)
(exclusive Show, original Line Up)
ABATTOIR (USA)
(exclusive Show with Steve Gaines,Mark Caro,Mel Sanchez,Juan Garcia,Rob Analeze)
TYRANT (USA)
(exclusive Show, Original Line Up)
EXXPLORER (USA)
(First show in Europe ever!)
LIVING DEATH (GER)
(exclusive final show)
ZOUILLE & HANTSON (FRA)
(A Night Of SORTILEGE)
EXUMER (GER)
(feat. both singers!!)
RIGOR MORTIS (USA)
(First European Show)
RUTHLESS (USA)
(exclusive Show)
MILITIA (USA)
(exclusive show, Original Line Up)
HELL (UK)
(3 original members plus A. Sneap and M. Walkyier)
THE GATES OF SLUMBER (USA)
(exclusive show)
ATLANTEAN KODEX (GER)
ASKA (USA)
MELTDOWN (USA)
IN SOLITUDE (SWE)
DEJA VU (GER)
I can't say that lineup sucks as I've never even heard of most of these bands but it sure doesn't blow me away like KIT X. The recent addition of Lizzy Borden as headliner is very cool and if they manage to book something godly for the remaining headliner slots (say, Crimson Glory or Fates Warning w/ Arch...) I just might have to make another trip to Germany next spring.

The line up is superb once again. Hittman (OMG, I couldn't believe that we could see them live), Ruthless, Tyrant, Exxplorer... Aska and Atlantean Kodex from the new blood.

For sure, the names are not so big as last years edition, but it's a very strong billing.

Hope th be there...

ABATTOIR (USA)
(exclusive Show with Steve Gaines,Mark Caro,Mel Sanchez,Juan Garcia,Rob Analeze)
ZOUILLE & HANTSON (FRA)
(A Night Of SORTILEGE)
ASKA (USA)

In my case those would be the prime cuts

Well, it would be very hard to beat the KIT X bill, but there are some great names; Exxplorer, Sortilege, Abattoir, Cage, Lizzy Borden, Militia...
Hehe, luckely it's the last gig of Living Death, we'll never see them again. One of these "cult" bands that aren't worth shit imo, something that goes for more German cult bands from the 80's I'm afraid...I don't recall seeing a very good German band at KIT yet....
Hopefully that extra headliner will be good too, but there are alot bands already that make the festival worth going. I'll have tickets after the weekend already anyway :)

I agree with you Carnut in what you say about Living Death. I love some german cult bands but I can´t stand Toto voice. I got the curiosity of seeing but nothing more. I´d prefer, for instante, Veto ("Karthago" album rules!) or even EXUMER (play alsoal KIT XII)

Don´t forget reunited HITTMAN (their first album os overwhelming) and new names like DEJA VU (too much Priest "Painkiller" but quite good) or ATLANTEAN KODEX (a kind of "love it or hate it" band, I love them ´cause they remind me to mighty SOLSTICE and BATHORY epic albums)

ZOUILLE & HANTSON (FRA)
(A Night Of SORTILEGE)

That's the vocalist and another member of Sortilège.
Not the complete band, but close to I guess...

ZOUILLE & HANTSON (FRA)
(A Night Of SORTILEGE)

That's the vocalist and another member of Sortilège.
Not the complete band, but close to I guess...

Zouille is enough for me. Christian Agustin has one of the best voices in metal :worship:, underrated as hell :cry:

OK, this does it, Tauberfrankenhalle here I come again:
bravewords.com said:
ARMORED SAINT Confirmed For Keep It True Festival XII
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 at 14:27:14 EST

ARMORED SAINT are the latest act confirmed for Keep It True XII which takes place on April 24th and 25th, 2009 in Lauda-Königshofen, Germany at the Tauberfrankenhalle.

The lineup for Keep It True XII is as follows: ARMORED SAINT, LIZZY BORDEN, HITTMAN, ABATTOIR, TYRANT, EXXPLORER, LIVING DEATH, ZOUILLE & HANTSON, EXUMER, RIGOR MORTIS, RUTHLESS, MILITIA, HELL (3 original members plus Andy Sneap and Martin Walkyier), THE GATES OF SLUMBER, ATLANTEAN KODEX, ASKA, MELTDOWN, IN SOLITUDE, DEJA VU.

Go to Keep-it-true.de or Myspace.com/keepittruefestival for more information.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

One of my absolute favorite bands of all time, never seen them live.

:headbang: BUSH RULES!!!! :worship:

Amazing!!! Maybe it´s not as special as other KIT reunions (actually, it´s not a reunion, they are active) but I´ve never seen them live.

The final co-headliner is a NWOBHM anniversary show. This could be cool with the right amount of "stars" (and there are some interesting yet unconfirmed names dropped at the KIT forum).

NWOBHM 30th Anniversary at KIT 12

[14/08/08] Hi Friends,

It is time to announce the last band for KEEP IT TRUE 12. It is not a normal “band”, cause we are going to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM). This was the most important scene for Heavy Metal ever and we thought KIT would be the perfect place to celebrate this. We will have a fantastic backing band consisting of the NWOBHM tribute band ROXXCALIBUR (www.roxxcalibur.de) and they will play these great tunes together with the original singers from the UK. We plan to get at least 10 or 11 musicians from the NWOBHM over for this special event. The following are the already confirmed NWOBHM heroes:

Brian Ross (Blitzkrieg, Satan)
Jess Cox (Tygers Of Pan Tang)
Russ North (Cloven Hoof)
Lee Payne (Cloven Hoof)
Terry Dark (Jameson Raid)

Additionally to them we will have at least 5 or 6 more famous names from that era. We will announce them as soon as we have the ok from them. We hope this will be a once in a lifetime event for you all and you will all enjoy all the classic NWOBHM hits sung by its original singers. The final billing for KIT 12 looks now like this:

KEEP IT TRUE XII

ARMORED SAINT (USA)
LIZZY BORDEN (USA)
NWOBHM 30th. Anniversary Show (UK)
HITTMAN (USA)
(exclusive Show, original Line Up)
ABATTOIR (USA)
TYRANT (USA)
(exclusive Show, Original Line Up)
EXXPLORER (USA)
(First show in Europe ever!)
LIVING DEATH (GER)
(exclusive final Show)
ZOUILLE & HANTSON (FRA)
(A Night Of SORTILEGE)
EXUMER (GER)
(feat. both singers!!)
RIGOR MORTIS (USA)
(First European Show)
RUTHLESS (USA)
(exclusive Show)
MILITIA (USA)
(exclusive show, Original Line Up)
HELL (UK)
(3 original members plus A. Sneap and M. Walkyier)
THE GATES OF SLUMBER (USA)
(exclusive show)
ATLANTEAN KODEX (GER)
ASKA (USA)
MELTDOWN (USA)
IN SOLITUDE (SWE)
DEJA VU (GER)

April 24th/25th. 2009 Lauda-Königshofen Tauberfrankenhalle
www.keep-it-true.de, www.myspace.com/keepittruefestival

Tickets for KIT 12 are going to be sold out by next week in our web shop, cause we now have less than 200 tickets left here. But there are still tickets available at www.hellionrecords.de and www.nuclearblast.de.

Metal On,

Oli + Tarek