Kerry King on ANTHRAX reunion

spacebeer

Thrash Bastard
Apr 2, 2005
www.enforcer-metal.com
I think I agree with him:

Kerry King: "Exactly. Having Dave back in the band is one of the highlights of my whole time in SLAYER. There are kids that could've been into us for over 10 years that never got to see us the way we are meant to be. I just saw ANTHRAX at one of those Euro festivals with Joey [Belladonna] — and I liked John Bush to death, y'know, he was a great singer — but something just happens when Joey plays. As for [JUDAS] PRIEST, when Ripper joined, I didn't see 'em once."

spacebeer said:
I think I agree with him:

Kerry King: "Exactly. Having Dave back in the band is one of the highlights of my whole time in SLAYER. There are kids that could've been into us for over 10 years that never got to see us the way we are meant to be. I just saw ANTHRAX at one of those Euro festivals with Joey [Belladonna] — and I liked John Bush to death, y'know, he was a great singer — but something just happens when Joey plays. As for [JUDAS] PRIEST, when Ripper joined, I didn't see 'em once."

Yep here he goes again with the cheap shots at Mustaine saying how Slayer never went pop like Megadeth did.

That was not the point....I specifically ommited that part of the interview...

Though I agree with him on those points, SLAYER however also released some shitty albums....

spacebeer said:

Though I agree with him on those points, SLAYER however also released some shitty albums....
God Hates Us All is probably my least favorite Slayer album. A lot of people seem to like it; I dunno, it did nothing for me.

I liked Bostaph in Slayer better anyway. But Lombardo's still a great drummer and a great guy.
It's surprising coz I never thought Kerry liked Bush (read him commented on WCFYA).

johnnieCzech said:
I liked Bostaph in Slayer better anyway. But Lombardo's still a great drummer and a great guy.
It's surprising coz I never thought Kerry liked Bush (read him commented on WCFYA).
I remember reading that Kerry thought WCFYA sounded "generic", but he liked Bush's voice.

spacebeer said:

Well next time post the whole interview of KK running his mouth again when he ought to keep it shut.

fuelee2004 said:
Well next time post the whole interview of KK running his mouth again when he ought to keep it shut.

He can say whatever he likes, just like and me! That part of the inteview isn't really of interest on the ANTHRAX board so I omitted it POINT

fuelee2004 said:
Yep here he goes again with the cheap shots at Mustaine saying how Slayer never went pop like Megadeth did.
Isn't he referring to Dave Lombardo? - I think Johnnie caught that too. Anyway have a good day.

Drokk said:
God Hates Us All is probably my least favorite Slayer album. A lot of people seem to like it; I dunno, it did nothing for me.

I thought it mostly sucked too...i liked Divine Intervention..about half of Diabolus but GHUA i just did not like very much at all.

There's a couple good tunes on GHUA but it almost borders on plain noise some times. Slayer sounds great live but, they are boring as can be on stage.

Drokk said:

Wow, I fucking LOVE that album.. One of my favorites..

God Hates Us All is the best album of 2001.
Remember that CD came out on 9/11/01 ? And the title track mentions "terrorists targeting their next mark".... spooky.