Kickass story

Hell Awaits Us All

New Metal Member
Oct 22, 2006
Killing You
There is still some sanity in this world - http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-07-08-brawny-guys_N.htm

Charles Atlas was right: Brawny guys get the girls
Posted

By Sharon Jayson, USA TODAY
Muscular men really do get the girls more often than their less brawny brothers — at least in the short term, research suggests.
The well-muscled are twice as likely to have more sex partners, flings and affairs than those with less toned and chiseled physiques. But in the end, the research suggests, women tend to choose the less buff for long-lasting love.

Women choose musclemen for brief liaisons, but the less burly appear more desirable for long-term relationships because women believe they're more faithful and romantic. The brawny were seen as more domineering and volatile.

"If a man is interested in long-term relationships, maybe he shouldn't spend so much time at the gym," says Martie Haselton, an associate professor at the University of California-Los Angeles and co-author of the research. The study will be published in Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin in August.

Haselton and David Frederick, a UCLA graduate student in psychology, conducted six studies from 2002 to 2006 in which they analyzed responses about muscularity and sexual partners from a total of 788 college students — 509 women and 279 heterosexual men.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: University of California-Los Angeles
Some of the UCLA studies used photographs of men ranging from slender to brawny and asked heterosexual men to report on the muscular features of their own body type and their sexual relationships. Men who were more muscular than average had twice the number of sex partners, flings and affairs with women who had a boyfriend as those of average or below average muscularity.

The research also compared the men's responses with women's tallies of their sexual encounters and the muscularity of their short- and long-term partners. Sixty-one percent reported that their short-term partners were more muscular than their long-term partners.

Steven Gangestad, a psychology professor at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque who was not involved in the UCLA study, says the research may well be the first to correlate muscularity with sexual prowess.

"Certainly, the study confirms what I believe are people's suspicions: that men who are more fit and more muscular are indeed seen as more attractive."

:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

What about the semi-fat guys?

They need some love too :mad:

dude you have to make it happen yourself. Stop waiting for girls to approach you or whatever it is you do.

I have been reading this PUA stuff and it really seems like the only way to succeed. Talk to and try to pick up every girl that you like everywhere you see, it's really very simple. When you have a 100 phone numbers to call in a period of month, you will succeed with at least one girl. That's the mentality you got to have, if a girl says no fuck her and move on. You're too good to worry about one girl.

read this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3358161

dude you have to make it happen yourself. Stop waiting for girls to approach you or whatever it is you do.

I have been reading this PUA stuff and it really seems like the only way to succeed. Talk to and try to pick up every girl that you like everywhere you see, it's really very simple. When you have a 100 phone numbers to call in a period of month, you will succeed with at least one girl. That's the mentality you got to have, if a girl says no fuck her and move on. You're too good to worry about one girl.

read this thread http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3358161

That wasn't what I was aiming at, but thanks anyway?

It was more: They have flings with muscular dudes, but marry skinny dudes. What about the other types of people?

Somewhat accurate story above.
Ive been working out 4-5 days a week for the last 7 years now and some of the members in my gym are there 2x a day. WTF?
Ive gotten to know quite a few people there just from spotting and bullshitting. A few have asked me why chicks dont FLOCK to them and they have troubles at the bar. Its like...just becuase your big and stand in the corner of the bar w/ your arms crossed isnt going to get you shit besides your hand later on that night if you dont approach women.
Big isnt everything you kno'...it all comes down to NOT giving a fuck and just walking up to an attractive girl and acting yourself.

Unless you're a total tool.

that's true but you can't deny that woman are naturally attracted to muscular men

they say they are not but I learned along time ago to nearly never accept what chicks say at face value.

if you got a decent face, a decent personality and an impressive physique, you are set IMO. It's just a matter of working your way up with more experience so you can go for the 9s and 10s instead of just 7s or 8s

Somewhat accurate story above.
Ive been working out 4-5 days a week for the last 7 years now and some of the members in my gym are there 2x a day. WTF?
Ive gotten to know quite a few people there just from spotting and bullshitting. A few have asked me why chicks dont FLOCK to them and they have troubles at the bar. Its like...just becuase your big and stand in the corner of the bar w/ your arms crossed isnt going to get you shit besides your hand later on that night if you dont approach women.
Big isnt everything you kno'...it all comes down to NOT giving a fuck and just walking up to an attractive girl and acting yourself.

Unless you're a total tool.

This isn't true some of the time. A lot of girls are beginning to figure out that a lot of guys are insecure or apathetic and are starting to take the initiative and do what the guys usually do and go up to the guy and start talking. It's starting to be a complete role reversal. The girls are becoming the more assertive while the guys are being the meek and insecure.

you know, as far as girls go, I'm not that interested in 9/10s. Most of those girls are not particularly intelligent, nor are they very good in bed.

a 7 or an 8 who is a good girl, great in bed, intelligent and fun to be with FTW

Dave, I think you're missing the point of the article:

But in the end, the research suggests, women tend to choose the less buff for long-lasting love.

edit: unless if you really are that shallow of a human being

I could care less about that part, I am not going to have a real serious relationship until I am 22-24 anyways.

"Hi, my name's Dave. I really like you, think you're cute and whatever, but I don't want this relationship to last more than say...a year. That's holdin me down! Speakin of which, let me show you my bedroom and weight set."

it'll work perfectly

"Hi, my name's Dave. I really like you, think you're cute and whatever, but I don't want this relationship to last more than say...a year. That's holdin me down! Speakin of which, let me show you my bedroom and weight set."

:lol: silly goose, I would never say any of those things. Most girls my age aren't looking for anything serious anyways.

It really doesnt matter about your body, its the face that counts. If you just wanna fuck any old thing, the majority all rough then go ahead. Personally I only look for the best I can get, what is the point of fucking some random ugly girl?