Killswitch Engage!

Ever heard of a black guy in any black metal band?

Hirax's vocalist...

The bassist of Steel Prophet...

The guitarist of Znowhite and Cyclone Temple...

See? You don't need to listen to Killswitch Engange just because they have a black guy in the band. You can do better. ;)

The second album is quite good. The third one is probably the worst album I've ever spent money on. Seeing them tomorrow, although that's just a coincidence. I'm mainly going to see Mastodon. Slayer doesn't hurt.

Debut was decent, 2nd was awesome, 3rd is overpoweringly mediocre. Howard is a shit vocalist, and his lyrics are pathetic. Every freaking song, every one, is about girls. Nobody, I'd say, can deny how awesome of a frontman Jesse was, though. Definately one of the most unique in all the 'metalcore' scene. He's on my list with Lindberg, Vincent, Varg, and a few others as one of the most vicious screamers ever, and his surprisingly deep and philosophic [not about girls] lyrics were better than most.

And Adam Dutkiewicz (I'm sure that's how to spell that) is the best producer of his generation. His studio sound is totally his own.

So sayeth I.

BlizzardOZ said:
say's who?
V.V.V.V.V. obviously.

I think they were half decent with Jesse, nothing great and still pretty sucky, but their latest album is just utter trash

The Grimace said:
Nobody, I'd say, can deny how awesome of a frontman Jesse was, though. Definately one of the most unique in all the 'metalcore' scene.
I'm not a huge KES fan ('Alive...' wasn't bad though) however I do agree with this. Their former singer had a really great growl/scream and his singing voice wasn't bad either.

Their first two CDs were ok, though the cheesy clean vocals softened them up to some extent. But their new CD is way too emo-ish. It is not really even metal, but more of a mixture of emo and regular hardcore.

The Grimace said:
Debut was decent, 2nd was awesome, 3rd is overpoweringly mediocre. Howard is a shit vocalist, and his lyrics are pathetic. Every freaking song, every one, is about girls. Nobody, I'd say, can deny how awesome of a frontman Jesse was, though. Definately one of the most unique in all the 'metalcore' scene. He's on my list with Lindberg, Vincent, Varg, and a few others as one of the most vicious screamers ever, and his surprisingly deep and philosophic [not about girls] lyrics were better than most.

And Adam Dutkiewicz (I'm sure that's how to spell that) is the best producer of his generation. His studio sound is totally his own.

So sayeth I.
Finally someone who has the same views towards lyrics about girls as I do. I fucking hate lyrics about girls, and refuse to listen to any band where the majority of the lyrics are about girls or relationships. Lyrics about girls are NOT METAL.