King Of Terrors

SXProgMetal2002

New Metal Member
Nov 18, 2002
Visit site
This song kicks so much f*ckin ass , such a killer song and my fav song from the odyssey !!! it's heaviness is what i like about it especially russell's agressiveness here !!! that is what i hope for SX to do more with the next album , to even go heavier on every song and russell gettin more and more agressive with every song more or less !!!!!!
the part where he starts whispering in the song where it sounds like somethin for halloween and there on is just the best and then he does that scream !!!! ahhh i'll stop , i just love this song too much !!! bye

Very good song indeed a little repetitive though but great. I don't agree with syx going in a heavier direction (not because I can't take the heaviness I listen way heavier stuff) I would like them sticking with their neo-classical aproach but in the end what's important is what they want to do.

oh and btw welcome to the board :wave:

I absolutely love this song. I was at the Worcester, MA show which was the first one they played it live at. Up till then they had been doing Incatations, so when they started playing that, you can imagine how crazy I was going!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

thnx ultimate symphony , i posted here before like 2 or 3 times but i changed my nickname cause i forgot the other one !!! lol

but anyway , when this album came out , everyone was goin on and on and on about how romeo's guitar sounds much heavier and russ sounds more agressive and the album is quite diff etc ...... , how people are complainin and not likin it or whatnot because it is not the same as ther other previous ones !!!!
this kinda pissed me off in the way that people want SX to keep playin the same thing in their albums all the time , this change they took in the new album kicks so much ass , well change in romeo not doin so much of the neoclassical thing which is what i was really hopin for and russell getting more agressive which is also what i really hoping for cause my fav parts of his singin is when he gets all agressive like in the songs inferno and king of terrors from Odyssey !!!!! Romeo leavin the neoclassical soloin basicly rules to me !!! my point is Change awesome !!! why would people want to hear the same thing over and over in every album !! not only for SX , but many other bands !!!!
Odyssey is like DWOT part 2 in a way !!! heavier and more agressive though !!!!
anyway , the Odyssey owns and when i saw them live here , they blew me away like no other !!! romeo was :eek: :eek: :eek: and russell and the whole band were all damn :eek: :eek: :eek: :)

they didn't play king of terrors though :( !!!!
anyway thnx for readin , comments welcome :)

"The Odyssey" should have a warning label!

Is there such a thing as "Auditory Induced Spontaneous Human Combustion"?? :confused:

I got a mental picture in the car this morning ("Inferno" was kicking and the speakers were smoking).

..."case under investigation!" Hehe :cool:

sick, sick.

P.S. It's also addictive!

Originally posted by SXProgMetal2002
thnx ultimate symphony , i posted here before like 2 or 3 times but i changed my nickname cause i forgot the other one !!! lol

:lol: hey no problem :D oh and don't get me wrong I love the album (it's up there with Divine,Twilight and V) and I agree with ya, I don't like a band that does the same thing over and over but one of the things that made me love this band was the classical aproach so that's why I don't want them to leave the neo-classical aproach :D

Ps.The most important thing is that the band does what they want to do, if they go in a heavier direction i'll still support them :headbang:

It's amazing what Romeo can do with such a simple riff as the king of terrors main riff. With the simpleness of this riff he creates the agression.

And Russel just sounds amazing when it comes to be agressive in his voice.

I must say the chorus is excellent, and the solo, but I donät think this agressiveness fits Russell as well as the more melodic approach he had on previous albums...