LA/NY shows

Aug 3, 2003
Philly
IN FLAMES: Special Los Angeles, New York Shows Announced - July 22, 2004

Sweden's IN FLAMES have announced two rare coastal shows in late September. The details are as follows:

Sep. 26 - Roxy - Los Angeles, CA
Sep. 29 - C.B.G.B. - New York, NY

IN FLAMES will play two full sets at each concert; the first set will be the whole new album, "Soundtrack To Your Escape", released on April 6, 2004. The second set will consist of all the classics from the group's previous albums. There will be no support band at either show. The gigs will be recorded for future release.

"Soundtrack To Your Escape" has sold over 46,000 units to date in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

so they'll play the new album, and then just the same old stuff they've played on every tour since 2000 ie. colony, embody, pinball map, clayman, trigger, gyroscope, episode 666. great.

promise me zombie inc, jotun, december flower, insipid 2000, everdying and subterranean and i'm there.

Hey since this is being recorded for a live album they might actually bust out with old actual classics to get back some more "street cred" and then once the cd is released never play them again. When asked why they never play those songs theyll just point to the live album and go "If you want to hear those songs live buy our new live album"

That's what Im thinking is most likely going to happen.

Ben

With any luck they lean towards LS-Colony era on the "old" stuff.

And for god sakes they should not forget the great tracks on Subterranean.

I agree with Devy in that i'm sick of seeing them ignore some of their best songs of all time. If they would just play Lord Hypnos, Zombie Inc, Swim, Jotun, etc. they would gain a lot of respect that they have lost. I'll go to the NY show. I've seen 'em several times but I hope this one will be better. If not, I don't think i'll ever see them again.

I guess the Tokyo Showdown recording wasn't that great. :)

I wouldn't have much hope for the "hits" setlist that you guys are looking for. I'm assuming it'll be something like this.

Cloud Connected
System
Trigger
Clayman
Pinball Map
Only for the Weak
Embody
Colony
Gyroscope
Episode 666
Moonshield
Clad in Shadows
Behind Space

I know it sucks but that's what you're going to get.
I'd try to go if I knew that Jotun, Swim, Zombie Inc, and Stand Ablaze might be in there.

ubiquitos said:
^
I thought it was pretty good

C'mon. Tokyo Showdown sounded like a very bad bootleg recording. Their performance was great, but it sounded like it came from a Real Audio broadcast.

BastrdDrmr said:
I wouldn't have much hope for the "hits" setlist that you guys are looking for. I'm assuming it'll be something like this.

Cloud Connected
System
Trigger
Clayman
Pinball Map
Only for the Weak
Embody
Colony
Gyroscope
Episode 666
Moonshield
Clad in Shadows
Behind Space

I know it sucks but that's what you're going to get.
I'd try to go if I knew that Jotun, Swim, Zombie Inc, and Stand Ablaze might be in there.

They played Jotun out here, so it's possible, but your list looks pretty much spot on for what should be expected.

Killer show! Too bad no digital cameras allow or I would've posted some shots here. Who also went to the L.A. show at the Roxy?

Devy_Metal said:
why they've ignored zombie inc, their best song, for the past 4 years is beyond me.

agreed
definately their best song

and bastrd - they played jotun in Australia
so i imagine they won't need to practice it much hehe

hoping for songs like december flower is a joke though ppl
the only recording i ever heard of that song had no solo - what a joke