LA Show Holy Shit

Iron-Flames

New Metal Member
Aug 15, 2002
Arkansas
This show was fucking awesome. Damn. Aside from this really fucking gay drunk guy (which was expected) it was flawless.

I'm pretty sure I saw Squeak...she was wearing red pants?

Thats all I think...I don't remember, all I know is Opeth was fucking amazing.

Did anyone see me? I was center, third row of people. I had on probably the only Iron Maiden shirt (that I saw). It has The Trooper on the front, then THE TROOPER (in words) on the back.

I have pretty short hair compared to most of the crazys there...but that didn't stop me from headbanging the majority of the time! \m/

I was with 2 girls, one my girlfriend (black hair and in front of me) and another girl who is our friend, she has blonde hair.

I'm about 6'.

Yeah, I'm really out of it...lol

We got beer thrown on us during Demon of the Fall. Shit, everything went crazy. It was funny because the only injuries I substained were from my girlfriend...who banged into my head, and then mouth piercing my lip with my bottem teeth, that was fun :)

Anyways, if anyone saw me give me a "holla" hahaha

Hell yeah, it kicked ass... that was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I didn't see you... you may have seen me, I was a shorter guy with a Nile tour shirt from the latest tour. I occassionally chatted it up with my parents, who also like Opeth and so they went with me. All and all... wow. Now life will suck because that was so great:lol:

OMG! It was absolutely amazing..... the place was packed and the sound was awesome. I got to hang with Mikael and Peter for a bit and they asked me to go to the Rainbow with them. We didnt but only because the rainbow closes at 2am and it was about 1:30 already. I told Peter I'd see them on Monday night again and he was like "Great!". He was stoked I gave him a Van Halen bootleg from '76&'78. One thing though, and this has happened to me everytime I've seen Opeth (5x's) now... Martin Lopez was very standoffish, I asked him for his autograph and he was like " Maybe later..".. I was like ok... So I run into him again and ask and he reluctantly gives it to me. Then later during PL's set I ask If I could take a photo with him- he says "later, If I do it now- I will have alot of people here"... I was kinda ticked, I mean what could it have cost him a few seconds? This was outside! I did get one (while he looked away! LOL) and I will post that later so you could see that he wasnt being mobbed... I just think that If a fan asks for something like 3 seconds of your time- you kind of have to do it.. I found out later that he was trying to score some fucking pot! Whatta loser.... whatever- I know better now, than to ask Marty for shit.. I mean I still respect him, but as a "rockstar" he seems a little hung on himself.
Mikael and Peter though- were fucking awesome people! They're the ones that matter any fucking way! Oh well, there's always monday's show to get the Martin's to autograph my shit... I may not even bother with LeftEyeLopez..... haha.]
Anyone else have this happen to them?

Hey Iron, I am pretty sure I was right behind you at the end, I had buzzed hair, I just put on one of the long sleeve tour shirts, you had your arm around a girl during Demon of the Fall right? And Schraiber, I was exactly in front of you. The show rocked, words can't really describe it.:D

I found Lopez really laid back. He didn't want me to take a pic of him backstage before the show because the audience would see the flashes, so he backed up into a hallway and we took a couple there. Had no problem getting another couple pics later on and an autograph on my Deliverance CD (got all 4!) - I think he left his fingerprint on his signature as well.

My girlfriend and I were given VIP passes so we sat upstairs in "the Loft" the whole time. It wasn't the greatest sound up there, but it was quite relaxed with an awesome view, and we didn't have to worry about being smooshed by sweaty sardines. :)

They played 3 of my 4 favorites:
Leper Affinity
Bleak
Deliverance

I wanted to hear When, but you don't see me complaining, fuckin incredible show. :D

My dad and mom got a VIP pass cuz the guy at the door had pity on them :p

And Mudas, if that was you I kept accidentally hitting, I'm sorry :p

Yea Lopez was a bit standoffish at Jaxx but it was freakin cold when they played here, the 21st and when he talked to us for a bit he sounded sick. I didn't get his autograph but I got Mike and Martin Mendez's. The only reason I did not get Peter's was because I didn't have a sharpie marker until I "borrowed" one from someone. They all seem like great guys though. Peter and Mike like were talking to us for a few minutes, it's so nice how they appreciate their fans and show it so well.

POSTED BY ONEFOOT BLASTER---
"One thing though, and this has happened to me everytime I've seen Opeth (5x's) now... Martin Lopez was very standoffish, I asked him for his autograph and he was like " Maybe later..".. I was like ok... So I run into him again and ask and he reluctantly gives it to me. Then later during PL's set I ask If I could take a photo with him- he says "later, If I do it now- I will have alot of people here"... I was kinda ticked, I mean what could it have cost him a few seconds? This was outside! I did get one (while he looked away! LOL) and I will post that later so you could see that he wasnt being mobbed..."

Could it maybe be because he can't handle certain personality types, and you were that type? Don't expect everyone in a band you love to be the demi-god on a pedestal that you place them on. We don't care (at least I don't) if your picture shows he wasn't being mobbed, at least you got the damn picture in the first place.

" I just think that If a fan asks for something like 3 seconds of your time- you kind of have to do it.. "

so if a fan asked Lopez to sing a Britney Spears song backwards for three seconds, then he would (by the divine order of the universe) be forced to do this???

"I found out later that he was trying to score some fucking pot! Whatta loser...."

Yes yes, 'whatta' loser, that he would lower himself to that base level of humanity by his wish to smoke marijuana. OH MY, how can I ever look at him the same again?

"whatever- I know better now, than to ask Marty for shit.. I mean I still respect him, but as a "rockstar" he seems a little hung on himself."

Good, now he won't have to worry about your annoyances at future concerts. Why do you refer to him a "rockstar"? He's not Mark Walburg for christs sake.

Look, I don't mean to offend by my retorts, but for some reason, your post really dug beneath my skin and I had to respond in full.

ya whats with all the people hung over on MEETING the people of the band? what you think just because they make really good music that they like to talk to everyone about anything? just accept that they are taking their time to play music for you guys. i think that they owe the fans nothing more.

Originally posted by KielbasaSausage
ya whats with all the people hung over on MEETING the people of the band? what you think just because they make really good music that they like to talk to everyone about anything? just accept that they are taking their time to play music for you guys. i think that they owe the fans nothing more.

I agree, he doesnt owe me anything, but I mean, I wasnt asking for shit.. all he had to do was look. And he didnt- Its all good. I'm over it. I dont normally do that kind of thing anyway.. and now I certainly wont bother him. I'm just glad Peter and Mike were a little more conscious of their "fans"...