LA Show Holy Shit

Originally posted by Aethernal
POSTED BY ONEFOOT BLASTER---
"One thing though, and this has happened to me everytime I've seen Opeth (5x's) now... Martin Lopez was very standoffish, I asked him for his autograph and he was like " Maybe later..".. I was like ok... So I run into him again and ask and he reluctantly gives it to me. Then later during PL's set I ask If I could take a photo with him- he says "later, If I do it now- I will have alot of people here"... I was kinda ticked, I mean what could it have cost him a few seconds? This was outside! I did get one (while he looked away! LOL) and I will post that later so you could see that he wasnt being mobbed..."

Could it maybe be because he can't handle certain personality types, and you were that type? Don't expect everyone in a band you love to be the demi-god on a pedestal that you place them on. We don't care (at least I don't) if your picture shows he wasn't being mobbed, at least you got the damn picture in the first place.

" I just think that If a fan asks for something like 3 seconds of your time- you kind of have to do it.. "

so if a fan asked Lopez to sing a Britney Spears song backwards for three seconds, then he would (by the divine order of the universe) be forced to do this???

"I found out later that he was trying to score some fucking pot! Whatta loser...."

Yes yes, 'whatta' loser, that he would lower himself to that base level of humanity by his wish to smoke marijuana. OH MY, how can I ever look at him the same again?

"whatever- I know better now, than to ask Marty for shit.. I mean I still respect him, but as a "rockstar" he seems a little hung on himself."

Good, now he won't have to worry about your annoyances at future concerts. Why do you refer to him a "rockstar"? He's not Mark Walburg for christs sake.

Look, I don't mean to offend by my retorts, but for some reason, your post really dug beneath my skin and I had to respond in full.

What the fuck? Are you his publicist or what? haha
He's been known to snub "fans" before and I guess he showed it last night. Unfortunately, I was on the recieving end. Whatever I'm over it..
One more thing, If your ever snubbed by someone you admire- think about keeping your silly little rant to yourself next time, I know I will.
:p

Originally posted by zzz
how did you get a VIP pass?
The dude at the front just gave them to us! This morning my girlfriend said "I think he wanted a tip" and I felt kind of bad because my cheap ass didn't give him one. Oh well, thanks bro, I appreciated the passes! :D

I was a girl, wearing DT shirt (later bought Deliverance shirt and wore that), whitish half-black hair, and who stood on one of the light-ladder-like holders (the one on the left side of stage) when Opeth was out. :)

Iron-flames: I think someone else was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt too, he wore a black hoodie over it.

if Opeth go touring in the US after Damnation, (hopefully in the south) d'you guys think the tour will be like.. before the end of June?

:s

if not then fuck.. I miss them in Inferno and I'll get back to Norway before they hit Texas.. which would suck ass...

I don't have a fucking clue...all I know is I'm getting knee surgery April 7th, and someone said something about them coming back in May? I'm worried as hell about that. If anything maybe security would hook it up with some VIP passes so I can chill in a protected place where all you wild metal heads won't throw me around :)

Hehe all the crazy metalheads.....anyways that reminds me did anybody else see the Asian girl who was in the pit at Troubadour? She was going crazy on a couple parts, it was quite the sight, she slammed into me a couple times (I was on the right side of the thing, except for a few times when I got mixed around)

ONEFOOTBLASTER POSTED:
"What the fuck? Are you his publicist or what? haha
He's been known to snub "fans" before and I guess he showed it last night. Unfortunately, I was on the recieving end. Whatever I'm over it..
One more thing, If your ever snubbed by someone you admire- think about keeping your silly little rant to yourself next time, I know I will."

I guess I caught the post at a bad time, bad mood of mine. I can understand how it would feel to be somewhat passed off by an idol of mine, Lopez included.

But, I don't think being 'snubbed' would justify any comment I had about how he "should" act a certain way toward fans, nor would it justify my calling him a "loser" because he was looking to smoke marijuana.

No hard feelings though, Onefootblaster. I kinda let loose and should have held my tongue a bit...

Iron-Flames... Yes, I was wearing red pants and a black sleeveless top. I was taking photos from stage right (better known as the left side of the stage for people in the audience). I had to run across the stage a few times to get to my place. I also sat at the merch booth until right before PL went on. :) I know I saw you too then 'cos I remember the shirt. You shoulda said hi!!! Really, I don't bite.

Originally posted by Squeak
Iron-Flames... Yes, I was wearing red pants and a black sleeveless top. I was taking photos from stage right (better known as the left side of the stage for people in the audience). I had to run across the stage a few times to get to my place. I also sat at the merch booth until right before PL went on. :) I know I saw you too then 'cos I remember the shirt. You shoulda said hi!!! Really, I don't bite.

I saw you too. :)

I figured you looked awfully familiar... so I couldn't help but kept staring at you, then figuring out that you were Squeak on UM.

I ALWAYS have time for ANYONE who is metal. :) I never care about age. One of my best friends is 10 years younger than me and I met him when he was 15. Doesn't bother me one bit. I was wishing to meet more people from the forum! I only met SovereignReaper and CinFlames. Not that that was bad or anything! lol It was great to talk to CinFlames for a long time at Santa Ana. I took pics at San Francisco, Hollywood and Santa Ana. I was on stage for half the set at Santa Ana and got KICK ASS pics of Martin from there. I just got home and I'm absolutely, totally dead. I've had 15 hours of sleep in 6 days, gone to 5 concerts in 6 days and driven 1600 miles by myself. Now THAT'S dedication! lol My friend says I'm the lone batallion of the metal militia and I can handle being the only one in the batallion! LOL I have a multitude of injuries from the shows as well. I was quite sad that I couldn't go to the Phoenix Opeth gig, but I did go to Halford/Testament/Death Angel/Vio-lence/Exhumed at House of Blues instead. I had to do photo there too, which made for an interesting time, being that the stage is so damned high! :lol: I've only been gone for 5 days and I have 400 emails just on one screen name alone (I have a bunch of email addys). Needless to say, I desperately need sleep, especially since I must get up and work the next three days. Ahhh, what I do for metal. hehehe I will try to scan the photos VERY soon as I have a crapload of cool ones. Just bare with me, okay? :)

Originally posted by The holy one
I saw you too. :)

I figured you looked awfully familiar... so I couldn't help but kept staring at you, then figuring out that you were Squeak on UM.

Judging by your description, I saw you too then! I just wish I knew what people looked like BEFORE I went to the shows! At the SF show, I was in between Mikael and Martin, at the Hollywood show I was SMACK in front of Peter and at Santa Ana, I was all over the photo pit and on the stage itself (to take pics of Martin and actually be able to see the rest of the show).

Wow, you have such a fun life!! I mean...ROADTRIPS to fun shows n stuff. :) Sounds hellofalot better than my school life.

Yes yes! I anticipate the photos you took at the LA show!!! :) I couldn't take any obviously, so looking at yours would be good enough!

I can only do roadtrips every once in a while since I have to save money to do them. I knew about the tour a while ago, so I had time to save gas/food money. A lot of times it's not as fun as you think. There is a lot of BS that has to be worked through as well. This roadtrip wasn't too bad except I couldn't go to Phoenix and on Monday I spent a good portion of my day at the car dealership spending $500 on part that isn't supposed to go bad on my car.

Squeak.. i saw you there but i dont know you thought LOL. I was right in the front next to the lady that was wearing the metal observer shirt. You have realy long hair right? I was the guy wearing the pain shirt, and later i put on an opeth tour shirt. Any way you went on behind stage and Hit Peter with that mini car right? LOL
Brutal show how ever. To bad all the opening bands sucked!

Originally posted by nergal_S
Squeak.. i saw you there but i dont know you thought LOL. I was right in the front next to the lady that was wearing the metal observer shirt. You have realy long hair right? I was the guy wearing the pain shirt, and later i put on an opeth tour shirt. Any way you went on behind stage and Hit Peter with that mini car right? LOL
Brutal show how ever. To bad all the opening bands sucked!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You shoulda say hi!!! Yes, I remember you. Didn't know it was you though. It doesn't matter if you know me or not, you know who I am, so say hi! I absolutely LOVE to meet people, especially metal fans. Yes, I am the one with super long blonde hair. And yes, I was on the stage for about 2/3 of the Opeth set. Actually, the mini car was "driven" by the bass player of Paradise Lost, I was just directing him where to go since he was hiding behind the curtain trying not to be seen. I was laughing my ASS off at that. I thought I was going to fall over on the stage laughing and knock the power out of the outlet on the wall next to me. LOL!