Lacuna Coil is incredible!

ddicosmo

Apr 30, 2001
Nashua, NH USA
Visit site
Lacuna Coil is awesome live. They were a welcome addition to the Opeth tour. They are highly polished and refined and they sounded very good. Christina can sing! WOW! She is quite the stage presence! Andrea can sing too. Many people criticize him but he is a very good singer and really gets into the music. He has a funny way of expressing himself sometimes but you can't fault him for really feeling the music and giving a great performance. I was extremely surprised by Lacuna Coil. Their music is very good (simplistic at times but in a good way). They are not out there to blow people away with technical brilliance like Opeth but you can't deny that they can write some nice tunes that sound great and are very catchy. If anyone has the chance to see them, definately check them out. Christina has to be one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Those chestnut eyes and black hair just makes you melt. She is one fine looking godess and can sing and headbang too! WOW!

By the way, does anyone know what type of guitars Lacuna Coil was playing? They sounded very good and were very high tech looking. I've never seen that brand before. I'm wondering what make and model they were.

Haven't seen them live (a few videos maybe) but they are very good indeed, tho still far from brilliance that Opeth for example brings us :)

Lacuna Coil is damn good and Christina is simply amazing, one of the best female vocalist out there right now. I know I will get backlash at this from some of you because of the nature of the band and their airplay but Amy Lee singer for Evanescence is one amazing vocalist as well.

However, since this is an "Opeth" board the performance of Lacuna Coil was a welcomed surprise but still nowhere near the brilliant and God like performance Opeth put on. This band has redefined music in my book and I can't wait to see them next go around with Porcupine Tree (which I would rank them as Opeth's equal) which should be one HELL of a concert! :)

The guys in Lacuna Coil are really great and down to earth and Christina is every inch the beauty that you see and one of the nicest females I have ever met...if there is an ego there, I couldn't find it!

Cheers, Antonio

Yes, Lacuna Coil are one of my favourite European rock bands. I mainly like the vocals but the music is fitting also. I think their best songs are "The Secret" and "Halflife". Andrea Ferro is an excellent singer when he doesn't scream and ruin the song.

ya lacuna rock..and damn you..dont make me picture cristina headbanging!! haha jk..and what guitars the use? i dont know what they used on the tour but whenever i see a vid or pics of them live that one guy looks like hes useing the same guitar as dimebag from pantera..some wasburn i believe..unless its something compleatly diff. but i didnt see the tour (and probably never will) so i dont know

ddicosmo said:
By the way, does anyone know what type of guitars Lacuna Coil was playing? They sounded very good and were very high tech looking. I've never seen that brand before. I'm wondering what make and model they were.

their guitars are custom made by an italian company called lace works, i believe is the name. there is a link to their site on www.lacunacoil.it in the links section under endorsements

Neurotomania said:
All the lacuna coil I've heard (two albums) sounded like linkin park. fucking horrible

See previous post...

Don't think you are any better TROLL

Opinions are welcome, but give us a fucking valid one for god's sake (you know with reason and a bit of thought)

Schism said:
See previous post...

Don't think you are any better TROLL

Opinions are welcome, but give us a fucking valid one for god's sake (you know with reason and a bit of thought)

I HEARD TWO LACUNA COIL ALBUMS
I THOUGHT THEY WERE FUCKING HORRIBLE
AND SOUNDED LIKE LINKIN PARK

thats a valid opinion.
screw you.

Hey LuminousAether and Neurotomania,
Why don't you guys grow up and go post your cheesy comments on some lame death metal or boy band board! Everyone is entitled to their opinion but what the hell does a post like guitars made out of feces have anything to do with helping other people who maybe want to see Lacuna Coil do for them? And I don't see any resemblance to Linkin Park whatsoever. As far as I know, I haven't heard of any song by Lacuna Coil that sounds like rap metal to me. Just because they use keyboards and some sampling does not make them sound like Linkin Park. Please try and post some constructive comments for the people who are really interested in this band and want to learn more about them. Otherwise, like I said, go post on some boy band board!