Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the (other) new Queensryche

Is Geoff really Ming the Merciless?

p17cvgf8924klbq3136r13fr1aa74.jpg

Max_von_Sydow-Ming_the_Merciless.jpg

I think Drover bailed, that is not him in the picture of Tateryche, not sure who that is? The Keys guy? Kelly Gray sucks so much balls, its not really funny....

Bear

Drover bailed last week. Didn't say why, just “I was very excited about doing this gig initially, but learned in the past week or so that it’s in my best interest not to do this right now." Not sure what that means. Maybe he just ddnt want to be a part of this sinking ship...

I saw one of Tate's small solo shows earlier this year, and he actually sounded really good, so I might end up checking this out.

But, of course, Tate can't hit the high notes anymore, so I'd much rather see Chris Salinas and MINDCRIME. :headbang:

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/194833 :

Vocalist GEOFF TATE introduces his new QUEENSRŸCHE line-up in the video clip below as a build up to the planned tour in celebration of the 25th Anniversary tour of the original band's epic 1988 release, Operation: Mindcrime.

Note that although guitarist Glen Drover (ex-MEGADETH) appears in the video he will not be part of the line-up. He announced his departure on November 24th, and as such his comments were cut from the clip.

Watch for an exclusive interview with Drover coming to BW&BK this weekend, where his decision to bow out of the tour will be addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one of Tate's small solo shows earlier this year, and he actually sounded really good, so I might end up checking this out.

But, of course, Tate can't hit the high notes anymore, so I'd much rather see Chris Salinas and MINDCRIME. :headbang:

Hey, got my wish! :D

Think I'll head out to buy a lottery ticket now...

GEOFF TATE's QUEENSRŸCHE Signs With Cleopatra Records; New Band Members And Guest Musicians For New Album Revealed

The band will now feature Tate along with bassist RUDY SARZO (OZZY OSBOURNE, WHITESNAKE), guitarist KELLY GRAY (Queensrÿche 1998 - 2001), keyboardist RANDY GANE, and new additions in guitarist ROBERT SARZO (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE) and drummer SIMON WRIGHT (AC/DC, DIO).

Wright takes over for previously announced drummer BOBBY BLOTZER, who will be returning to RATT as an integral part of the band that made him famous.

"I'm very much looking forward to being involved in the Queensrÿche project with Geoff," states Wright. "I've always admired his singing and songwriting and working with Rudy Sarzo again is going to be cool! Between this and my other project, DIO DISCIPLES, I look forward to a very busy year!"

Queensrÿche, with all members cited above, will soon be entering the studio for the first Cleopatra effort due out later this year. The recording will mark the band's thirteenth studio album and its first with this particular line-up.

Legendary guitar slinger K.K. DOWNING of JUDAS PRIEST fame will be making a special guest appearance on the forthcoming CD, as will KING'S X guitarist TY TABOR and Blotzer.

Geoff Tate-Fronted QUEENSRŸCHE - New Album Details Revealed

The Geoff Tate-fronted QUEENSRŸCHE are set to release their new album, Frequency Unknown, on April 23rd via Cleopatra Records.

p17krs1afnqf917q6ltk10ig1i8t4.jpg

Frequency Unknown will feature the following tracklisting:
'When Lightning Strikes'
'Running Backwards'
'Fallen'
'Life Without You'
'In The Hands Of God'
'Cold'
'The Weight Of The World'
'Slave'
'Dare'
'Everything'

Bonus Tracks: (2013 Versions)
'Silent Lucidity'
'Empire'
'Jet City Woman'
'I Don t Believe In Love'

p17jnksie117f21okmluv1hvdv6i4.jpg

Frequency Unknown features Tate along with bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, WHITESNAKE), guitarist Kelly Gray (Queensrÿche 1998 - 2001), keyboardist Randy Gane, guitarist Robert Sarzo (QUIET RIOT, HURRICANE), drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, DIO) and guest appearances by K.K. Downing (ex-JUDAS PRIEST), Brad Gillis (NIGHT RANGER), Dave Meniketti (Y&T), Ty Tabor (KING'S X), Bobby Blotzer (RATT), Craig Locicero (FORBIDDEN, SPIRALARMS) and Paul Bostaph (SLAYER, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, Forbidden)

It's pretty clear that Geoff Tate is using every single industry resource that he has to his advantage in the "Who is the real Queensryche" battle... His "my dick is bigger than yours" contest is starting to get old.

The good news is that the music will probably suck, and within an album (or two if we're unlucky), he'll have run out of guests.