Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the (other) new Queensryche

TT Quick called they want their cover back.

5216u.jpg

This still baffles me. That judge is insane.

Judge? I can't say I've cared about anything QR has done post-Empire, so I'm not really up to speed (although I suppose you can say, I'm up to speedo... :() on this whole shitstorm. This went to court already, and a judge said this is legal? That's bullshit. It's most certainly a violation of copyright and IP laws (among others)!!!

Judge? I can't say I've cared about anything QR has done post-Empire, so I'm not really up to speed (although I suppose you can say, I'm up to speedo... :() on this whole shitstorm. This went to court already, and a judge said this is legal? That's bullshit. It's most certainly a violation of copyright and IP laws (among others)!!!

There was a temporary verdict issued a few months ago that BOTH versions of QR were to be allowed to record and tour under that name until a final verdict was issued on who the real Queensryche is. The trial's not till this fall, so the album will be released this way for now. After the trial it will probably become his first solo album instead. Queensryche is a band, not a Geoff Tate solo project, and it never has been. It's within their rights to fire him the same way a board of directors can fire one of its members. But until it's finally settled in court, we're going to have two Queensryches touring around causing confusion, because a lot of people who aren't in touch with the scene don't know anything about this whole mess.

It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last that two groups of people had the rights to use the same band name. The last one I knew of was L.A. Guns, at least until Tracii Guns disbanded his version.

I believe there are two Great White's now, too. "Jack Russel's" Great White, and the rest of the band. Not sure what the legal situation is there, I'm not following that one too closely.

A slice of Irony.
I don't know if there are two Bang Tango's right now, but the Joe Leste (singer) fronted version has no other original members.

And that's who's opening for Queensryche (rightful) in PA this weekend.

uploaded 3/6/13 - "Hitler becomes upset after finding out that he mistakenly bought tickets to see Geoff Tate's version of Queensryche."

~Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
He sounds awful in the re-recording of Silent Lucidity.

The rest of the stuff... meh. I heard the 90 second previews, and it's enough of Tatesryche for a lifetime.

Not interested whatsoever.

Listening to the lyrics to Dare. Sounds like he is referring to his former band members.

Kinda like a song from the viewpoint of the school bully..

No interest from me in this release. Interested to hear what the other side comes up with, though.

Rick..