Lamb of God show last night....another un-tight performance by Chris

Yeah, there definitely was some baking going on when I was hanging out in guitar world for their last show in Columbus, there was a bowl packed and sitting on the amp rack and the bassist and stage right guitar player would come over and hit it during song breaks.

lol was it a small black piece?

Nothing, but when it affects your performance that people are paying good money to see (which is technically his job) I think people usually get fired for shit like that at a normal job

Definitely... I've spent 25€ 2 times to see them...and the first one was embarassing. Last sunday at leas it was a great show but Chris nowadays have always many difficulties. Sincerelly he doesn't seem a guy that flip his brain before a show

Seen em twice myself and both times I can safely say they owned the stage and played tight as a ducks arse. Freind of mine seen them in vienna this evening he said they played a pretty dammed tight set too. I guess were just getting lucky, after the performances ive seen before id hate to see them playing bad now..

Hey guys

I've seen lamb of god &co last night in Zürich (switzerland) and the least i can sys is THAT WAS A FUCKING GREAT SHOW

Here's a short review:

BTBAM: Cool show, opening band so the sound was not so great but they pull a tight show, guitar players were absolutely smoking. Hope to see them again on a headlining show

ABR: Great show, first time i see the guys live. They play a selection of their song from the three album. The singer seems to be a bit burned out. His voice was worn out i think 'cause we can barely hear him. Good stage presence and daaamn their drummer is sooo tight... I like his style of drumming

JFAC: I'm i bit torn on this one. First time for me too. Huge wall of noise. We can't hear the guitars at all, great drumming as well but the singer was kind of inaudible. Low Growls were ok but his high pitched screams were not so good (not to say horrible) But still it was an ok show, crowd react well on their classics (knee deep etc...) and the new songs are really cool (especially "constitutional masturbation")

LOG: Second time i see the guys. What a fucking great show. Randy is such a great frontman. He really got the crowd in his hand. They play all their "hits" from atpb to wrath (including "virgil" and "ruin" fuck yeah). I was kind of disappointed by the sound, guitars were so era piercing and we can barely hear the snare. Not so good sound overall. But the show was reaaaallly fun to watch (in a good way) they had a great interaction with the crowd.
About Chris: he seems to have some troubles with his pedals. Half way trough the show willy and mark make some kind of jam whil the techs were fixing something in chris's drum pedals. Chris fucked up one or two fills but the rest of his foot work was good (not stellar but still...). Appart from that he pulled a great show. they guys in generals had a few sloppy moments but nothing shocking.

On a side not willy was really toasted, i was kind of funny. When he began the intro of "blacken the cursed sun" he was so late.... During the whole show he seems to be a bit off.

The sound in general was not so good. All the bands that night had this issue (ABR had the best sound in term of overall quality). I think it really comes down to FoH guys. I've seen the black crusade tour last year in the same venue and the sound as absolutely killer.

Conclusion: All in all it was a good night

Cheers

Pretty the same problems....Willie always very annoyed and sloppy in some parts...Chris with more or less sloppy foot playing.
But anyway....I think it's pretty silly if for 2 years, you've played like a kid at his first live show because of a pedal problem. You're not in a reharseal room! You play every night in front of at least 1000 peoples that pay 25€ to see a decent show. At least I pretend more from a 2 times BEST METAL DRUMMER.