I saw Lamb of God last night.....what the fuck?!?!

i saw them at ozzfest a two or three years ago, they were def sloppy that night. but thats the only time i've seen them so i cant compare.

saw them on gigantour back in 06 and they were very tight that night, and then the performance at download 07 was amazing too. so it's interesting to see that they're playing so shitily on this tour.

and about the wwmih dvd, honestly I don't think any of them came off as whiny at all. they seemed like just a bunch of normal guys playing in a popular metal band. perhaps it was the part about the heaven and hell tour that makes them seem whiny, when they said it was boring? otherwise their antics seemed like just a bunch of normal guys to me.

Bah...in that dvd they was always bored. Look at the Willy's face when he spoke with the japanese fans....he taunted them laughing....he did the same yesterday when he was playing or during the pauses.
And all the others that say the whole time that it's hard the life on the road, because you miss your family etc etcc.... ok, it's right, but you can't base a whole dvd about this.
If you're tired....find another job and stay with your family. It's simple. If you're in a band and you wanna be elsewhere, it's finished.
Another solution, find a job and go on tour only 2 or 3 times in a year, like other bands like Dark Tranquillity, Hatesphere, and many many others.
But if you wanna live with your music, you have to have fun and you can't shift your frustration on your fans, that pay lot of money to see a great show!

i've seen these dudes twice...both right after ashes came out, and they fucking slayed

might not be the same nowadays, though...

you also have to remember that the tour supporting sacrament ran for a little under 1.5 years (july 06-dec 07), being the longest tour they've ever done. obviously playing ~250 shows and being on the road with little breaks between each leg (generally the breaks were ~3 weeks, with some not even a week between the legs) will drain any band. all of the members except randy are married and I think willy has 2 kids or something. also remember that they're all rednecks as well, so perhaps their sense of humor is different from yours? (in regards to willy "taunting" the crowd and the japanese fans in the wwmih dvd)

I think the thing is that they just don't enjoy the road anymore. many professional musicians say the same things, that they don't like touring and they don't want to travel but they love playing the shows. its just in this case, that willy (and apparently chris) don't like to play anymore.

it's surprising that chris is so sloppy now, as on various bootlegs I have from the aotw and sacrament tours he's pretty spot-on and tight.

I don't know but they do those long tours because they wanna do them. It's not a doctor's order. If they don't like to tour too much, don't do it. Simple.
But I don't know ... apparently sometimes they play tight and other times they suck.

I saw LOG in february this year as apart of Australia's SOUNDWAVE FESTIVAL. which highlights all sides of alternative music from pop rock,hardcore,metal,grunge and so forth. Lamb of god headlined the metal stage and sad to say I left halfway through.

Chris' drumming was VERY poor.Timing was WAY off(and I thought my old drummer was bad)Randy was decent, which is expected as there are never many GREAT moments on randy's behalf. And I must agree that I see the trend that Willie has become a lazy bastard.

all in all they played pretty sloppy which was a huge dissapointment to me as I've heard and seen great things from them live and in the end I think the crowd was dissapointed that LOG headlined when UNEARTH had the tightest overall sound and show and In Flames played a well constructed show that would of given the NIN show a run for its money on mainstage.

hope this band picks up its act tbh

I saw LOG for the first time back on 12th February in Birmingham. Now because I hadn't seen them before I've got nothing to compare it to. The line up was LOG with Dimmu Borgir, Unearth and Five Finger Death Punch. LOG blew Dimmu Borgir out of the water. The crowd was loving LOG, so the band didn't have to work hard. The band was tight, but mark and willie didn't exactly look like they wanted to be there. Mark in particular looked like he was pissed off all the time. Randy is a great frontman he knows how to control the crowd. Chris sounded tight to me. Unearth on the other hand seem unrated to me (I guess that is because you could say their music is generic) but the band is so energetic on stage, they definitely put everything into their live show and because of that the crowd moves.
All in all I loved watching LOG play. Though the crowd was definitely there to see them so they don't have to work hard and jump around on stage to get the crowd going.

From reading this thread it appears those that saw LOG on that tour of the UK thought the band's playing was tight.

wow, so much hate for LoG.

I've seen them about 6 or 7 times, but havent been to one of their shows in probably 2 or 3 years. I've NEVER seen a bad performance from them.

Of course, every band will have their good and bad shows, its inevitable....

can't imagine it was as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

I don't know but they do those long tours because they wanna do them. It's not a doctor's order. If they don't like to tour too much, don't do it. Simple.
But I don't know ... apparently sometimes they play tight and other times they suck.

No, it's not a doctor's order, it's the record company's, and as to which carries more weight, well I guess that depends what line of work you're in! :D

And Unearth is one of the most uninspiring and dull bands musically I've ever heard IMO (though I've never seen them live, but that shouldn't matter, it's the recorded music I really care about)

I mean that if they are pissed off because they don't like the life on the road anymore.....they can change label, they can do what they want....
It's their choice to do it like this, because they signed probably a contract....but if you sign a contract that you don't like, it's your choice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No. That is not how it works... Especially at their level.

Not unless Randy wants to sack everyone from the band, hire a whole load of high profile session musicians and wait 17 years to release a new album it doesnt.

I mean that if they are pissed off because they don't like the life on the road anymore.....they can change label, they can do what they want....
It's their choice to do it like this, because they signed probably a contract....but if you sign a contract that you don't like, it's your choice.

Believe me, take this from someone who has been there.

The change in life's priorities between when you sign a 3-5 year contract and when you are in that contract can change wildly.
When is signed up with Napalm records, it's what i'd worked my ass off to achieve (mostly on the business side), and i really wanted to tour, gig etc.
Time went by and i had other priorities in life (Great girlfriend, wanting to to School, wanting to settle down to a REAL life.)

I fucking hated touring and the band after a very short time and even on stage at Wacken to 10k+ people, my head and my heart was with the good lady waiting at home for me.

Sometimes, you've gotta grow up and do what's best for those you love!
It's a tough call between long touring away from loved ones if your heart isn't in it, or quit the band and lose the income you support said loved ones with. I was lucky, i managed to get into University after it (which, with a couple more years in alestorm, i would never have done) and can finally get my life on to doing something ACTUALLY meaningful, rather than playing powerchords for retards.

Öwen;8369936 said:
Ah Gavin I wasn't sure about you at first, but you are actually an absolute legend :lol:

Hahahahahahaahahaha, yup, +1, that quote was a slice of fried gold indeed :D