Land Of Confusion

Freddy Krueger

The Dream Child
Jun 24, 2002
Hell
Visit site
I was wondering if any of the other In Flames fans around here thought that this was a really badass cover... I've been listening to it a lot lately ( Didn't bother to get the Trigger EP, just DLed the song. ) And I think it totally kicks ass, even moreso than the original Genesis song. Anders gives the song a certain intensity that was missing from the original version, and his clean vox are subtle but really add to the track. Definitely my favorite In Flames cover so far, followed by their Depeche Mode one.

Freddy Krueger said:
I was wondering if any of the other In Flames fans around here thought that this was a really badass cover... I've been listening to it a lot lately ( Didn't bother to get the Trigger EP, just DLed the song. ) And I think it totally kicks ass, even moreso than the original Genesis song. Anders gives the song a certain intensity that was missing from the original version, and his clean vox are subtle but really add to the track. Definitely my favorite In Flames cover so far, followed by their Depeche Mode one.

I downloaded the EP... for FREE! I saw the name of the song and wondered if it was that wicked Genesis song they were covering. I turned it on and said "nope, just more of this nu IF stuff". I couldn't tell. Then the chorus came along.

Their cover is terrible. It's lousy. Only stupid fanboys like this. In Flames is SUCH a terrible band now. I mean I've heard plenty of other bad bands, like DOOMDAM and shit, but this is just ridiculous. On the other hand, that computer game version of moonshield was very wicked. It still sucks though because they stole my idea. I want to do a lot of old nintendo music in my brutal death metal some day. And now they did it first. But that's no problem, I can sue. I have proof that I came up with the idea first. I wrote it down on a piece of paper somewhere and dated it.

Keep in mind that I'm not trolling, merely stating my humble opinions. If you disagree with my opinions, please respond maturely why this is so, thank you. I always welcome constructive arguments that we could discuss.

Oh by the way, you must be VERY pumped about IF being in the upcoming Freddy vs. Jason movie! Imagine, your two favorite things combined into ONE! Wow!

LordHypnos said:
Your signature is retarded. "From amon amarth to vader"....yes, because those two bands are such opposites on extremity! maybe had you said "from hammerfall to decapitated" ? hahaha :tickled:

Damn you're right! Check it now, I think I've improved it.

I thought the cover itself was good - I enjoy it more than the original version - but I don't think it was the best song in the first place. I definitely think In Flames did a good job of it, but Genesis have better songs that would have made for even cooler covers.

I think my fav. In Flames cover song is Strong And Smart. That kicks ass and fits right into their style.

I like Land of Confusion too. Not as much as Everything cOunts but it's still a really good cover and adds a lot to the original.

Weird that there's 2 OC people here.

Mattias of the Night said:
On the other hand, that computer game version of moonshield was very wicked. It still sucks though because they stole my idea. I want to do a lot of old nintendo music in my brutal death metal some day. And now they did it first. But that's no problem, I can sue. I have proof that I came up with the idea first. I wrote it down on a piece of paper somewhere and dated it.
:tickled: I did part of Dissection's "Where Dead Angels Lie" in one of my techno songs, :p

Yeah, I dunno about the whole Freddy VS. Jason thing.. Does trigger fit into a horror movie?

I like In Flames and Freddy Vs Jason... So, whatever point you're trying to make Mattias, it's wasted on me.

I don't care if I'm not the most hardcore, or if I listen to a sellout swedish band.

Mattias of the Night said:
I want to do a lot of old nintendo music in my brutal death metal some day.

Whether or not this will elicit a serious response: anyone listen to Minibosses? Not exactly metal, but I'm a big fan. Megaman 2 is probably my favorite. Video game music is great.

Of course. Minibosses are great. And yes, video game music is great too. Nobeou Umetsu and Hitoshi Sakimoto are geniuses. But the true genius is Koji Kondo, the man who wrote mario, zelda, and all the other catchy old nintendo tunes.

I don't know the original of Land of Confusion but I like the IF version much more than Watch the feed (unfortunetaly... :( )
What about that movie? I don't know anything about it. tell me...

It's an absolute amazing cover. Especially from a band like Genisis wasn't like Phil Collins in that band?! I've been listening to it a ton just like you guys are. Also, do any of you know if the Moonshield on the Trigger EP is different from the original?