Language constructions/misuse that piss you off

I think the most annoying/funny dealings I have had with rap is when I lived across the hallway from a Marine who was an amatuer rapper. He had all the beat software and stuff, and I could hear him working on stuff through the ductwork.

Imagine hearing the same 3 beat loops over and over with stops and starts and various attempts at sounding like you live the life of a thug cash money flow gangsta pimp, when I know that really it's a dude who has been busted down like 5 times and has to blow into a breathalyzer to start his car.

What bugs me is that they took an accounting term and turned it into slang for welfare money, stolen money, drug money, etc. Unearned money. Here I was thinking that they were talking about building a business from the ground up, relying on a firm clientele, and it's a video full of people standing around looking tough and dancing while the lyrics are equally disappointing.

Bad spelling shits me. I lost the Regional Spelling Bee 4 years in a row to the same homeschooled kid though. Homeschooled kids, can't fucking win.

Much like how ebonics bothers some of you, there is a certain manner of speaking that I CANNOT STAND. Usually affiliated with white girls who come from money and are politically left leaning. It's not quite "valley girl" but everything is pronounced JUST RIGHT and there is no element of spirit, meanness or anything. Just bland proper speaking, typically in a soft high pitched voice. Do you know what I mean?

"Definitly" and "Definately" are inexcusable after the age of 13.

I actually had the following conversation with my store manager today:

me: yo, man, we've got mad blue baskets. What's going on?
him: I know we have a lot of blue baskets, but I don't know if they're actually angry.
both: laughter, because we are educated and speak properly.

Bad spelling shits me. I lost the Regional Spelling Bee 4 years in a row to the same homeschooled kid though. Homeschooled kids, can't fucking win.

Much like how ebonics bothers some of you, there is a certain manner of speaking that I CANNOT STAND. Usually affiliated with white girls who come from money and are politically left leaning. It's not quite "valley girl" but everything is pronounced JUST RIGHT and there is no element of spirit, meanness or anything. Just bland proper speaking, typically in a soft high pitched voice. Do you know what I mean?

"Definitly" and "Definately" are inexcusable after the age of 13.

I assume you hate Canadians from British Columbia then? They speak far too properly, never dropping off the "g" at the end of "-ing" words, pronouncing every single syllable of every single word clearly with perfect enunciation. No character whatsoever in their "accent" (or lack thereof). I think British Columbians sound very anal retentive in their speech.
Observe this annoying BC bitch:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that is exactly what I hate. I don't mind ebonics, local dialects, drawls, etc. Perfect flawless North American English is actually what I find most annoying!

I particularly dislike the sort of English that most if not all Singaporeans and Malaysians speak. They call it, Singlish. It's a fucking butcher of the English language and makes me want to punch people in the face. It's an abomination of various Chinese dialects, Malay, English and Tamil. What's annoying is the fact that they think it's "unique" and something to be embraced.

And even worse, are the same people who try to speak English with an American/Australian/British accent even though it's clear that they've never been to either of the countries. :puke:

I cbf posting up clips of people speaking in Singlish, so if you're curious you can go find it yourself.

km-dilbert.gif

I assume you hate Canadians from British Columbia then? They speak far too properly, never dropping off the "g" at the end of "-ing" words, pronouncing every single syllable of every single word clearly with perfect enunciation. No character whatsoever in their "accent" (or lack thereof). I think British Columbians sound very anal retentive in their speech.

:'(

I agree that people from BC don't really have much of an accent, or at least one with any real character but I don't think we speak perfect English.

Use of "Oh lawd" is fucking irritating.

Also, watch fucking this:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: Sounded like Foghorn Leghorn.

:'(

I agree that people from BC don't really have much of an accent, or at least one with any real character but I don't think we speak perfect English.

Few people anywhere use perfect grammar, but BC'ers have, like I said, perfect pronunciation and enunciation. It's not a bad thing, but it is irritating to someone like me who says "gonna" instead of "going to", for example.